House Formally Launches Impeachment Inquiry

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
While I agree that they need to be ousted, I doubt that they can be persuaded to refute their ideology. It is who they are. As Maya Angelou stated, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." At best, they will hide it, feeling less free to be openly hateful, but it will still always be there. If they must, due to societal condemnation, they will just return to dog whistles.
I'm not sure that what they've shown us in a lot of cases is that they have no ideology and will just hold onto and take more power with whatever works. Its just as obscene a situation. But, I think its somehow worse when a non-racist just goes along with the others to keep power (which turns them into a racist anyway).

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Interesting... Wasn't Nunes among the GOP members having complete temper tantrums because the beginning phase of the impeachment inquiry was behind closed doors?

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
It starts today. The problem is with them being so long and with a lot of competition it will not be such must-see-tv as Watergate and stuff.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
That's incorrect. Two Dems voted against, all Republicans voted together.

Oops. You already got that. Anyway, the point I'd like to make is that what we saw today may be a precursor for why we'll have President Donald Trump in power next term - and possibly for his third. The Republicans have literally put holding onto control in front of everything else and once the senate exonerates him, he'll point to it as another 'witch hunt' and between that and the foreign interference he's openly demanding from other countries, it shouldn't be hard for him to win again.

I really really really really want to be wrong.
I can already hear his cries of 'total exoneration'.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I vote for charging him with everything for which there's strong evidence. Or in Pelosi's words, "ironclad". I agree there is such a thing as dilution but what comes first? Collusion? Obstruction? Fraud? Corruption?
Yeah, I can see the argument with not wanting to be seen as throwing everything against a wall and seeing what sticks but when you have a baby making a mess, throwing multiple tantrums, breaking things, and violating pretty much everything they are told by anyone to do you can not just pick out one thing and say everything else was fine.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
We need to get Pence, too. I have no information that that's going to happen, but we need to get Pence, too. As much as I don't want a president Pelosi, I want a president Pence even less.

And it just occurred to me that Pelosi must not have anything on Pence or she would take her hands out of this pie. Dammit.
Not to worry, donnie will throw anyone and everyone under the bus (no matter how little they had to do with things) to avoid it hitting him. I would not be surprised if everyone working in the WH will need to lawyer up by the time this is done, all the way down to any maga interns he has.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
BTW, I'm running that site partly to improve my rudimentary web development skills, so I'd appreciate any constructive criticism. I'd especially like feedback from Apple users, since I have no way to test it in whatever browsers you guys use.

I know it's not mobile-friendly (it looks about the same on mobile as on desktop), but I'll get to that eventually.
It looks good on my mac. Also kudos that it is accessible ... if you have not already I would suggest installing wave under chrome so you can test that as you move forward.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
And the circus continues: Rudy Colludy wants to podcast out!
Oh please, oh please, oh please. You just KNOW donnie's cybersecurity guy will do something like reset his phone again while trying to make a recording.

Tracer

I assume CSPAN will be showing essentially the raw video, and other stations or sites will be adding their commentary.