House Formally Launches Impeachment Inquiry

Anya Ristow

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
If the evidence to impeach Pence is there,wait until Trump is gone and a new VP is in place first.
That would probably happen, anyway, even if both were charged. One would be resolved first and we'd have a new VP before the second one is resolved. THere is probably no chance whatsoever of Pelosi becoming interim president.

ETA except this one: Pence is removed first, and Trump resigns immediately as an FU to the republicans.

ETA2 but who succeeds Pence if he is removed and Trump doesn't nominate a replacement? Would that be Pelosi as president, and she nominates a VP?

Last edited:

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
If the office of Vice President is vacant and the President leaves office, then the Speaker is next in line. There is no official line of succession for the VP. Trump "shall" nominate a replacement who must be approved by both chambers. He could stall the nomination (look at the number of acting Cabinet officers, which would play havoc if there is a need to go down the list of successors) or nominate someone who has no chance of getting through Congress (very likely given our current divisions: the best option would be picking a Senator or Governor who has been out of office long enough that they are still respected by both sides and have not said anything sufficiently anti-Trump). That would leave the office open and then go to the line of succession.

Tracer

BTW, I'm running that site partly to improve my rudimentary web development skills, so I'd appreciate any constructive criticism. I'd especially like feedback from Apple users, since I have no way to test it in whatever browsers you guys use.

I know it's not mobile-friendly (it looks about the same on mobile as on desktop), but I'll get to that eventually.

Last edited:
  • 2Thanks
Reactions: Erich Templar and Govi

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Buffoons.

FEC filings reveal that the House GOP’s official electoral committee uses Crowdstrike, the cybersecurity tech firm at the center of President Donald Trump’s unfounded conspiracy theory about the DNC and 2016 election meddling.

The filings, first flagged by the Washington Post on Monday, show that the National Republican Congressional Committee paid Crowdstrike $40,000 in June.

Trump and his lawyer Rudy Giuliani have peddled a baseless conspiracy theory alleging that the DNC colluded with Crowdstrike to manufacture fake evidence of the DNC email hack in 2016.

Cindy Claveau

Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Emoluments will not be part of the final charges. It'll be that thing they remove so that they can say they are not throwing everything they can think of.

Why? Because none of them, least of all Pelosi, are going to open that can of worms. Trump may be the most flagrant abuser, in this regard, but in dollar value, he is an amateur.
Other politicians' violations of Emoluments are irrelevant. The case will be about the outrageous and public way the President has enriched himself, personally.

And that's just the apertif for all the state and civil suits that await him. Donald will be extremely lucky to not be in prison within the next 5 years.

Romana

SL Rez
It should be unbelievable that a US senator is calling for people (the media) to doxx the whistleblower , but Rand Paul is doing just that, and MAGAts on Twitter are more than happy to join in. That's the first whistleblower; they seem either to be unaware that there are more or they're hoping this will intimidate the others.
I guess John Mc Cain was right about Paul bring in Putin's pocket as well.

Eunoli

It should be unbelievable that a US senator is calling for people (the media) to doxx the whistleblower , but Rand Paul is doing just that, and MAGAts on Twitter are more than happy to join in. That's the first whistleblower; they seem either to be unaware that there are more or they're hoping this will intimidate the others.
I guess John Mc Cain was right about Paul bring in Putin's pocket as well.
This isn't about Putin, its about Trump. He's got a lock on the Senate right now through McConnell and the threat of primarying those up for reelection (I would also place bets on him blackmailing as many of them as he was able to get dirt on). Look for more of this - more attacks against whistleblowers, army heroes, distinguished ambassadors, etc. They're all going to get trashed and 40 % of the country is going to believe it. If the senate won't convict, this was all for worse than nothing except guaranteeing our democracy as we knew it is over.

Anya Ristow

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
This isn't about Putin, its about Trump. He's got a lock on the Senate right now through McConnell
McConnell hates Trump. All it takes is for that boot-licking motherfucker to start to think it is no longer in his best interest to protect Trump and the jig is up. It's not hopeless.

• 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Myradyl Muse and Govi

danielravennest

SLU Posts
McConnell hates Trump. All it takes is for that boot-licking motherfucker to start to think it is no longer in his best interest to protect Trump and the jig is up. It's not hopeless.
Well, given that the Republican governor was just kicked out of office after Trump came and campaigned for him, the Senator from Kentucky (McConnell) may think that throwing Donnie under the bus is a good idea.

Eunoli

Well, given that the Republican governor was just kicked out of office after Trump came and campaigned for him, the Senator from Kentucky (McConnell) may think that throwing Donnie under the bus is a good idea.

I really hope this is true. However, just yesterday he held a press conference just to say he doesn't see the president being removed from office. So, we get several months of wait and see. No one brings it up - but with his wife under investigation for conflict of interest and his own dealings with Russia - he may well believe that if Trump is removed, he is in legal jeopardy.

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Ugh, what a piece of garbage:

To make matters worse, it doesn't seem to even be the right person, as their employment history doesn't match the timeline involved.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
As desirable as this outcome is, remember that Trump isn't the problem; he's a symptom. Republicans need to be ousted en masse, and be somehow made to understand that their hateful ideologies just aren't acceptable in modern civilization.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
As desirable as this outcome is, remember that Trump isn't the problem; he's a symptom. Republicans need to be ousted en masse, and be somehow made to understand that their hateful ideologies just aren't acceptable in modern civilization.
While I agree that they need to be ousted, I doubt that they can be persuaded to refute their ideology. It is who they are. As Maya Angelou stated, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." At best, they will hide it, feeling less free to be openly hateful, but it will still always be there. If they must, due to societal condemnation, they will just return to dog whistles.

In additional ways they have shown themselves to be willing to violate the very rules of our democracy and deny rights to the people, in their quest for power. I wouldn't cry if they go down flaming and all future generations know of them is that they were traitors.

Last edited: