Yay! Hot Dogs

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I find the ketchup and white bread combination off putting somehow. I’m not sure why, I just can’t.

You just solved one of life's little mysteries.
I like ketchup, in general. On my french fries of course, and it's a must with Tourtiere and Shepherd's Pie, but so many other things I hate it on and never realized until this moment the connection to bread but you nailed it exactly! Same with tomatoes actually, love them in salads, but not on a burger or sandwich... unless the bread is toasted like a BLT.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Isabeau

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Maybe for *your* life, because:
Same with tomatoes actually, love them in salads, but not on a burger or sandwich... unless the bread is toasted like a BLT.
There's very little I can't eat tomatoes on or with. Maybe something like, apple pie...

Maitimo

mostly 'armless
SL Rez
I like ketchup, in general. On my french fries of course, and it's a must with Tourtiere and Shepherd's Pie, but so many other things I hate it on and never realized until this moment the connection to bread but you nailed it exactly! Same with tomatoes actually, love them in salads, but not on a burger or sandwich... unless the bread is toasted like a BLT.
Same here, and I've known why for decades. Tomatoes are very wet. Put them anywhere near fresh bread and it's like eating bread that you dipped into a bowl of water, or held it under a running tap before making a sandwich with it. Soggy and gross. Toasting the bread protects it from going soggy but otherwise, no tomato of mine is going anywhere near a piece of untoasted bread.

And the only type of sauce I will tolerate on a hotdog is a very thin layer of very hot mustard.

• 1Like
Reactions: Pancake

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Also the white bread is sweet. Ketchup is sweet. You need some sour or spice to balance.

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
I just want to know where to get the sweet white bread that america apparently is flooded with.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
The lady was high class, you know what I mean? She liked her fancy cucumber sandwiches made with “hair thin” white bread. Sometimes, she’d add slices of exotic “sea tomatoes“. Yeah, she was high maintenance, but damn, her legs went up to here and you could drown in those eyes of hers.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Maybe for *your* life, because:

There's very little I can't eat tomatoes on or with. Maybe something like, apple pie...
You ever have a good tomato sandwich? Two slices of bread, maybe toasted, with mayo and a generous serving of sliced tomatoes, salted and peppered to taste. Damn, I'm getting hungry right now for one!

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The lady was high class, you know what I mean? She liked her fancy cucumber sandwiches made with “hair thin” white bread. Sometimes, she’d add slices of exotic “sea tomatoes“. Yeah, she was high maintenance, but damn, her legs went up to here and you could drown in those eyes of hers.
I appreciate the sentiment but I’m only 5 (subway) sandwiches tall so the description of my legs is a bit over stated.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
Fresh summer tomato sandwiches - toasted! 😬- and yes with mayo, maybe a little onion powder, salt, are amazing.

I’m thinking, the best sandwich in existence?
Goddam it.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
You know, if you don’t have bacon, sliced and grilled hot dogs would probably do.

But no, I agree, not the same as a tomato sandwich