Yay! Hot Dogs

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I just had bacon flavoured jumbo hot dogs and at first I wasn’t going to put anything on it because all I had was Dijon and mayo but then I remembered I had carrot-raisin salad in the fridge. My new favourite combo.

How do you eat your hot dogs. Sausages are something else but include those, too, if you like.

• 1Beer
Reactions: Kamilah Hauptmann
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Ketchup, mustard, maybe some goguchang and onions

Firesign Theater said:
And he said the word!
What was it?
And we ate it!

Hot dog!

And what was the word?
Hot Dog!

Hot Dog!

Yes, Dear Friends,
a mighty Hot Dog is our Lord!

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I find the ketchup and white bread combination off putting somehow. I’m not sure why, I just can’t.

• 1Winner
Reactions: Pancake

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Mustard, relish, and onions, and sometimes ketchup.

Or chili, shredded cheddar, and onions ^^

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Forum Lord💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
I find the ketchup and white bread combination off putting somehow. I’m not sure why, I just can’t.
I feel the same about nutella and white bread.

Also when it comes to hot dogs what I put on it depends on what else is going on it.

Like if I use sweet relish, no ketchup. If I have mustard and dill relish or onion i will use ketchup.

People seem to want hot dogs to taste like bitter sour ass but god forbid you put ketchup on it for balance.

Fuck the police, hot your dog the way you want it.

• 1Like
Reactions: Isabeau

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I had two just yesterday. I love the dog/white bun combo myself, and the best ones I know are usually found at baseball parks. At the park, I'll even eat them plain, but usually with ketchup and mustard. At home, I like to add chili. And chips with them is a must.

• 1Like
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I like to take biscuits and wrap the dog and then bake them together. I generally will then dip them in a mayo/relish/ketchup combo or in a chili and cheese combo.

Edited to add "no pineapple". :fight:

• 1Beer
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
1. With bacon, pepperjack cheese, and barbecue sauce on whole wheat bread placed in the toaster oven to melt the cheese.

2. Hatch green chili and cheddar cheese.

3. Meat red chili (no beans) and cheddar.

4. Extra mustard and relish, when none of the above options is available.

• 1Like
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I don't eat hot dogs often, but when I do, I eat them in any form and with just about any condiments/sides.

Yes, even Hawaiian hot dogs (grilled pineapple, teriyaki mayo - amazing).

I prefer pickles just straight chopped. Tomato relish is my choice when it comes to relishes.

When I have the choice or I'm making them, I'll usually go with crescent dogs, or pigs in a blanket.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Yes, even Hawaiian hot dogs (grilled pineapple, teriyaki mayo - amazing).
Never even heard about Hawaiian hot dogs before, but it sounds tempting.
I wonder if we have teriyaki mayo over here.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I think it is more of a motivation to ..........

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
  • 1Like
Reactions: Sid

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Praise the Gods, that I just had a complete meal before stepping in to this thread.
But there is a change in menu announced by my chefs (MeMyselfandI) for tomorrow.

• 2Like
Reactions: Archer and Isabeau

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
When I stopped in Chicago once while taking the train to visit family in Cleveland, I made a point to order a hot dog, because it's been this heavily publicized thing that "Chicago dogs" are like the most premium kind of hot dogs you can get anywhere.

So I ordered an authentic "Chicago dog", with everything that "traditionally" comes on it, completely reserving judgment even seeing what was on it in the picture, just cuz I don't wanna be accused of knocking something before trying it.

Never again. NEVER again. These people are all haughty like "You'll NEVER see ketchup on a hot dog in Chicago". Well you know why? Because they just put freaking tomatoes on it. Like whole cut wedges of tomato, stuffed in there next to the dog. WHO DOES THAT? And get this - while they're all snooty about ketchup, they sure as heck put relish on it. Right next to just a whole freaking dill pickle wedge. A pickle AND relish. And great chunky wedges of tomato. WTAH, Chicago??? It's a freaking hot dog. And then they go and sprinkle "celery salt" on it. What even the eff is 'celery salt'? Who in their right mind after alchemistrying such a thing into existence was like "I know what this needs to go on, a freaking hot dog. With tomatoes." I mean I thought pouring four cups of tomato sauce into in a pie crust and warming it a little and then calling the result a "pizza" was a sign of insanity, but then they go and do this to a hot dog. The horror. The horror.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I will eat them in darn near any fashion. Ketchup, mustard, onions, relish is a go-to when I just want a quick 'n easy one, however I will do just about anything on them including sauerkraut. One thing I never forget to put on them is a bit of celery salt.

They are a bit like a pizza or a sandwich; anything and everything is an option.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale