I am thinking way too hard about what to put here
Sep 20, 2018
Right around Sacramento
SL Rez
Joined SLU
05-16-2008
SLU Posts
Hi!
I like this area of the forum. I just want to know when things are considered spammish here? For instance, we have some exciting things happening on Infiniti Grid. I would love to share those things and keep updates going about what we are up to in our blog posts, etc.
I do not want us to come across like certain grids did in the old SLU threads.

My respect for Cristiano and the user base here is very, very high. I am one of you. So are other founders, including Leck. How can we keep telling you all about what we are up to without becoming spammy or annoying?

Would one thread about "happenings" serve a good purpose for us to keep all announcements, etc under it, or would filling the area with content via separate posts be best?

We are proud of our VW and things that are coming up. I just don't want to overdo it and fall from grace here. ;)

Macphisto Angelus

Sep 20, 2018
Right around Sacramento
SL Rez
Joined SLU
05-16-2008
SLU Posts
I guess my question was in the spirit of will it make the Virtual World Discussions area more active to post single announcements or would that be spammy. I am leaning to starting a thread and putting all posts under that same thread. I just want to do right by the forum.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 19, 2018
Gulf Coast, USA
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
I imagine one thread would likely be best, but I suppose Cris would be the final word of course.

Sid

I'm not old, I'm vintage!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, Netherlands
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2009
Different subjects could use different threads IMHO. That is what happens about SL stuff as well. And since Cris is trying to make the forums about more virtual worlds than only SL, I see no reason why you shouldn't post and in different threads as long it is in the right part of the forums.

Free

The Pie Whisperer
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 22, 2018
Neuken, America
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Announcements of what you're doing with your grid, improvements or new products or features and things like that seem like it would be fine. In one thread or different ones should be your call. Maybe even price changes or offers and whatnot, probably pass the spam test, but that'll be Cris' call.

Announcements of the goings-on in the grid, events and the like, have a different space.

Macphisto Angelus

Sep 20, 2018
Right around Sacramento
SL Rez
Joined SLU
05-16-2008
SLU Posts
Thanks! I don't wanna be "that guy" :p
I appreciate the ideas and the pointer to the thread.