Yay! Holy Shit! AnyPose Now Works with Fate Hand Poser

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
So I found myself awake at 5 am so I was looking at random shit on Flickr and someone's post mentioned they did their pose with AnyPose. I had heard of it, but as far as I knew it couldn't do anything with Bento because of limitations of SL, so I passed on it. However, I decided to check out the Marketplace page and discovered that recently it had been integrated with Damien Fate's bento hand poser, and the two could work together.

Earlier I had bought some stuff for a Bond themed event Anouk is hosting 13 hours from now (gah), and for fun I had bought some stupid pose and a gun to take a picture, but I didn't really like the pose, so I decided to try my own:

It actually fucking worked, which I can't believe. I adjusted the individual fingers to grip the gun and also bent the arm and turned my chest slightly. I clicked one button and it took me to a website to download the BVH file. I then uploaded it to SL and here's the result:

I am so excited. I tried working with Avastar to do poses but that didn't go so well. I'm thrilled that not only can I create poses in world but that they have full bento hand support. \o/

Granted, this whole thing was expensive as hell, but honestly to me it is worth every cent. It's yet another thing that has reinspired me about Second Life. Who knows, I may reopen ANOmations again one of these days.

Anya Ristow

Bernie Bro
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
Just did some shopping, and now I have some SL stuff to work on :)

I have a lot more poses and anims for fat avatars than I did when I was active in SL, but I'm still not quite happy with them.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Nice! I am trying to figure out how to use it, and when I can, I'm going to get the pro version of the hand poser too.... want to make custom animations for making my own furniture.

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
I have anypose, animare and the hand poser. Also the lelutka face poser is amazing too (works with any head, just need to be careful of extremes on any head.)

I find the body posing extras really clunky, i just can't get the subtlety i sometimes want. And when you're posing a couples pose, it sometimes takes forever to get things just right. It's even worse trying to make poses work that weren't designed on the body shapes and types you're using.

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I have anypose, animare and the hand poser. Also the lelutka face poser is amazing too (works with any head, just need to be careful of extremes on any head.)

I find the body posing extras really clunky, i just can't get the subtlety i sometimes want. And when you're posing a couples pose, it sometimes takes forever to get things just right. It's even worse trying to make poses work that weren't designed on the body shapes and types you're using.
Part of the appeal for me is that I can create them on my avatar, even if they aren't as precise always as I want, and then export to bvh and further tweak them if I want to. Being able to work on the live avatar is so much better than using a Poser model or Avastar for me.

Also, I just discovered that facial hud, and now I'm obsessed with it too lol:1586636113426.png

OrinB

tutti fruitti
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
Ah yes, i don't use the export versions. But can see how that would be really useful.

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Does this mean we'll get some Bento dances made by Cristiano? :D

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Does this mean we'll get some Bento dances made by Cristiano? :D
Animations, maybe, dances - fuck no. All of that is all mocapped and everything. Way too much work lol.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Clara D.

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
I have the Fate hand poser, Animare and the Lelutka Axis face HUD (which works great on my Genus head), and now you've dangled this in front of my face, and it looks like it works much better than Animare...plus, couple poses. *sigh* /me heads to the MP

Shiloh Lyric

Staying Woke
SL Rez
Joined SLU
August, 2008
It does cost a small bundle...but I'm saving money in gas every week. Hmmmm

Val

n00b!1
Joined SLU
03/07/2017
SLU Posts
It does cost a small bundle...but I'm saving money in gas every week. Hmmmm
I doubt they updated since last I checked on anypose but the only extra function is to rez poseballs for other people and pose them. Animare has that in their plus version. I bought anypose before I heard about animare and yeah ... money tossed into drain (I mean it does exactly same thing with same joint options just for 6k instead of 300).