Hillary will run in 2020

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I can’t imagine nominating yet another white person for the top job. Just feels tone deaf.

Kamala Harris is not only black, but Indian. She has the personality that Warren lacks, much as I like her.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
My ideal candidate? A female war hero with an backbone like steel, a true love for democracy as a concept and a quick intellect that can ignore his baiting and cut to his faults and flaws again and again. Surely, she exists somewhere.
Paging Tammy Duckworth ....

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Hillary Clinton would be a good president but there's been three decades of propaganda poisoning people against her to the point where they would rather vote for a sentient pile of shit than her.

Because that's what they did in 2016.

This isn't her fault since all of it is lies that have just been repeated over and over enough that people believe them, but also isn't really anything that can be solved.
They do the same with Warren. We'd never hear the end of "Pocohontas" for one thing.
They'd find some poo to throw at Harris (even if they have to make it up, look he with Obama), but she'll be a harder Target.

Tranquility

I don't think Bernie fractured the base. It was already fractured before the first primary was ever held a significant number of the "base" and Dem leaning independents (like me) were saying, "there is no reality in which we vote for Hillary Clinton," and the base failed to listen to us.
Let me see if I have this right. The 2016 US presidential vote was literally a vote between the general status quo or an utter racist, misogynistic, bigoted, narcissistic shitshow. Everything that you hate about Hillary is exemplified 100x worse in trump. You claim to be liberal-leaning. Yet despite all the despicable things trump embodies, you still wouldn't vote for Hillary knowing full well that the other potential winner, should Hillary lose, was trump. Fucking mind-boggling logic you got going on there.

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
The ideal would be for both Bernie and Hillary to get together and mutually agree to not run and throw their weight behind an ideal progressive candidate.
If you've got a newsletter I'll sub.

• 1Agree

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Bloomberg/Booker 2020

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
They do the same with Warren. We'd never hear the end of "Pocohontas" for one thing.
They'd find some poo to throw at Harris (even if they have to make it up, look he with Obama), but she'll be a harder Target.
Yes, this is why we shouldn't give a shit about what Republicans think or say, because they'll just make up whatever they want even if the person in question hasn't done anything.

It's only a consideration with Hillary due to how long it has been going on and how much it has leached into the mainstream consciousness.

GoblinCampFollower

SL Rez

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Oh yeah, I think that would be a great combo. They are both so charismatic.

Also I would so love the baboon to get his butt kicked by a black woman.
Harris is mixed race. Her mother comes from India and her father from Jamaica, where many people are of mixed heritage. You may be thinking of Stacy Abrams of Georgia, who is all black.

Last edited:

Spirits Rising

Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
I don't think Bernie fractured the base. It was already fractured before the first primary was ever held a significant number of the "base" and Dem leaning independents (like me) were saying, "there is no reality in which we vote for Hillary Clinton," and the base failed to listen to us.
No. Wrong.

2016 showed us that the voting public is comprised of the following:
  • Adults
  • Children
  • Mindless Sycophants/Automatons
  • Utterly Apathetic
The Adults weighed their options and chose the best fit out of those that could actually win (an important bit there) while the Children stamped their feet and threw a fit because their Anointed One didn't get nominated.

The Mindless - obviously - didn't give a fuck and voted along party lines simply because Party Is Father, Party is Mother.

There were also those who were Utterly Apathetic for varied reasons. Some voted - simply because that is what is expected. Some did not.

Once the Primaries are over, the candidates are set/chosen. Want to avoid another 2016? Then be a fucking Adult when you go to vote. Fuck even some of the Apathetic types went out to vote.

Going over the more recent posts/pages, I see a few people who still don't have their fucking heads screwed on straight .... If the Democratic Party fields a "traditional" candidate instead of one more progressive during the General (not the Primaries) ... Then suck it the fuck up and vote for them. Period. No, I don't give a flying fuck what direction your area tends to run. Presidents have a strict, four year term, limited to two terms maximum. Members of Congress (The Senate and House) can run and be re-elected as often as they want - they are the ones people should want to be more Progressive.

Fuck sake .....

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Harris is mixed race. Her mother comes from India and her father from Jamaica, where many people are of mixed heritage. You may be thinking of Stacy Abrams of Georgia, who is all black.
If you read up, I noted that she is part Indian, which is another plus.

(Obama was our first black president, but he was half white.)

Last edited:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I personally think Nina Turner is a better choice; she's progressive, a woman, black, from the midwest [which I think is important in 2020], and very charismatic.

What we need right now, to get the rust belt [which dipshit won] is someone from the Midwest. Though, if Beto ran, and runs like he did in Texas, that would be sooo cool. But anyone could run their campaign like that - getting to know and letting folks often overlooked know, that you -care-.

• 1Thanks

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Too bad Ryan Gosling is Canadian.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Cindy Claveau

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Sherrod Brown for president? He’s thinking about it

Brown, speaking hours after an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” said regardless of whether he runs, he wants Democrats who are seeking the White House to use lessons from his race as a blueprint for how to run in the industrial Midwest.

“I respect the dignity of work, and I think that’s what Washington forgets about,” said Brown on “Morning Joe.”

He said his campaign “was about workers and the direction we need to go,” and said his successful campaign proved a progressive candidate could win even in a red state such as Ohio by focusing on workers.
He pulled out a 6% margin in the Senate race when Republicans ended up ahead in the Governor's race by over 4%. That alone would make people consider him to put Ohio in play, and he would probably add to Dem support in neighboring Pennsylvania and Indiana.

The downside is that DeWine would get to select his replacement in the Senate.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Brown was very impressive on Chris Hayes show tonight.

So Wrong

Monkey brain paranoia here but, has anyone considered the possibility that it won't matter who the Democrats run because Trump won't honor the results if he loses?

• 1Agree

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
No. Wrong.

2016 showed us that the voting public is comprised of the following:
  • Adults
  • Children
  • Mindless Sycophants/Automatons
  • Utterly Apathetic
The Adults weighed their options and chose the best fit out of those that could actually win (an important bit there) while the Children stamped their feet and threw a fit because their Anointed One didn't get nominated.

The Mindless - obviously - didn't give a fuck and voted along party lines simply because Party Is Father, Party is Mother.

There were also those who were Utterly Apathetic for varied reasons. Some voted - simply because that is what is expected. Some did not.

Once the Primaries are over, the candidates are set/chosen. Want to avoid another 2016? Then be a fucking Adult when you go to vote. Fuck even some of the Apathetic types went out to vote.

Going over the more recent posts/pages, I see a few people who still don't have their fucking heads screwed on straight .... If the Democratic Party fields a "traditional" candidate instead of one more progressive during the General (not the Primaries) ... Then suck it the fuck up and vote for them. Period. No, I don't give a flying fuck what direction your area tends to run. Presidents have a strict, four year term, limited to two terms maximum. Members of Congress (The Senate and House) can run and be re-elected as often as they want - they are the ones people should want to be more Progressive.

Fuck sake .....
So much for trying to strike an even tone. I am an ardent Bernie person but agreed both him *and* Hillary should agree to support a person they both agree on in 2020. Maybe I should reconsider it after posts like this show that HRC people refuse to compromise though.

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Spirits Rising

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Maybe I should reconsider it after posts like this show that HRC people refuse to compromise though.
Maybe you should stop making your political decisions based on the argle-bargle of some random ballbuster on the internet.

Spirits Rising

Quite Blunt
SL Rez
Joined SLU
08/24/2014
SLU Posts
So much for trying to strike an even tone. I am an ardent Bernie person but agreed both him *and* Hillary should agree to support a person they both agree on in 2020. Maybe I should reconsider it after posts like this show that HRC people refuse to compromise though.
Or perhaps you shouldn't assume a person's political leanings.

Seriously.

Maybe you should stop making your political decisions based on the argle-bargle of some random ballbuster on the internet.
Maybe some ought to grow a fucking brain.