Hillary will run in 2020

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
She should have won the race against the baboon with a street length in her favor, but she didn't.
No real reason to believe she would make it in 2020.
Especially if the world economy doesn't go into a dip pretty soon, not that Trumpty Dumpty contributed much to the current economic bloom, but he will take credit for it.
She is more than capable for the Oval Office, but she has proven not to appeal enough to the Democratic half of the USA.

Last edited:

Bartholomew Gallacher

SL Rez
You've really got to read between the lines with this article - so he's a former advisor. So probably not really in touch with her since a while.

When reading the quote though, it is crystal clear - it is just speculation, a personal opinion by those former advisors, nothing more.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I think it is yet to be determined just how progressive a candidate needs to be to win. I see analysis of election results that points to both progressive and moderate. (To me it doesn’t matter any more than it did in 2016 — I will vote for anyone not Trump. ) I heard someone mention Stacy Abrams if she does not become governor.

Brian

My reasoning is mostly what Beebo said. More for her own sake than anything else. She should spare herself, but it really is HER choice to make.

The choices everyone else makes will matter just as much. Given a supporting Congress, even an orange baboon can be effective.

The arguments against her running do not include this -
She should have won the race against the baboon with a street length in her favor, but she didn't.
No real reason to believe she would make it in 2020.
There are plenty of reasons to believe she could make it. Florida has enough disenfranchised voters suddenly returned voting rights to offset the margin she lost here. Pennsylvania elections are showing shifting winds still. Michigan and Wisconsin were also way too close to throw away as lost states. N. Carolina, Georgia, and even Texas are still turning more liberal, with getting out the vote having potential to do real damage.
Laugh at including Texas here, but the idea that Beto would come within 2% had people laughing too.

Nixon went from political laughing stock in the eyes of the public after historic losses to win the White House targeting the Electoral College.
History says it absolutely can be done.

She is more than capable for the Oval Office, but she has proven not to appeal enough to the Democratic half of the USA.
This is the most untrue statement of all.
Nobody can question that she had a healthy majority of the Democratic half of the USA with a straight face.

Having said all that, I still would rather not go through a repeat.
Whoever does run will still have to deal with people throwing the political powerhouses on the left under the bridge almost solely because it's the popular thing to do. The lack of a spine nowadays is more a problem of the electorate, not the ones running for office.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
This is the most untrue statement of all.
Nobody can question that she had a healthy majority of the Democratic half of the USA with a straight face.
That is not what I meant.
What I meant is, that she was not able to bring enough dems to the polling stations.
If she was really popular under potential dem voters, more of them would have bothered to go and actually vote.
To me (as a bystander from the other side of the pond) it was more like: 'So it is HRC, well... okay then', and not 'Wow it is Hillary, let's make it happen'

Last edited:

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
That is not what I meant.
What I meant is, that she was not able to bring enough dems to the polling stations.
If she was really popular under potential dem voters, more of them would have bothered to go and actually vote.
To me (as a bystander from the other side of the pond) it was more like: 'So it is HRC, well... okay then', and not 'Wow it is Hillary, let's make it happen'
Yeah, the whole Bernie thing fractured the base a lot, which is a shame. I would have gladly voted for Bernie even though he was not my choice, but many Bernie supporters didn't feel the same way and either didn't vote or voted for Jill Stein or a write in. The rest is history. Still, Hillary won the popular vote by more than 3 million people - and it was voting anomalies that won the race, not enthusiasm for Trump. There were razor thing margins that were not even statistically possible, yet here we are.

Pamela

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I'd love to see Beto as a running mate, but with Kamala Harris at the top of the ticket, not Elizabeth Warren. Warren has some baggage that Harris doesn't, and I think she has broader appeal than Warren:

Why Kamala Harris is the new Democratic frontrunner
Oh yeah, I think that would be a great combo. They are both so charismatic.

Also I would so love the baboon to get his butt kicked by a black woman.

Last edited:

Zaida Gearbox

Hillary Clinton running again would guarantee a second term for Dump Truck. Hopefully, the Dems would not be stupid enough to let her get past the primaries again.

Eric Holder? I would consider voting for him....

I don't think Bernie fractured the base. It was already fractured before the first primary was ever held a significant number of the "base" and Dem leaning independents (like me) were saying, "there is no reality in which we vote for Hillary Clinton," and the base failed to listen to us.

GradyE

I think it is time for younger candidates such as O'Rourke and Harris to take the reins. I think Bernie Sanders would be a disaster, and he is 77 years old ffs.
I think HRC would have made a good president but she is 71, and even though she was brutally robbed of victory I think at this point she is just too damaged politically to have any chance of healing the USA.

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts
Hillary Clinton would be a good president but there's been three decades of propaganda poisoning people against her to the point where they would rather vote for a sentient pile of shit than her.

Because that's what they did in 2016.

This isn't her fault since all of it is lies that have just been repeated over and over enough that people believe them, but also isn't really anything that can be solved.