Help Needed With New Market Section

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
So I am taking a different approach with products and real estate listings (and potentially other commercial items). I installed an add on for Xenforo that I think is better suited than normal forums for these types of things. I renamed it to Market, which you see above, which takes you to that section. It's not nearly set up yet, I'm still learning what options are available and how to structure everything. I need the assistance of a couple of merchants who sell products and a land seller to list your offerings and provide feedback. Please message me here for more information - in exchange, whenever it goes live, you'll have free access to posting listings, which will be a premium feature.

Also, for users, I'd love feedback as well.

Thanks as always for your help and feedback.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Lady Darnk Juniorette

⚧🎃💀Chaos Agent Mommy Milky💀🎃⚧
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2012
SLU Posts
You might want to message the people who put stuff up on SLU before the move directly to see if they'd be interested, who knows if they even know about here yet.

Some might need a little nip in the butt to get them going.

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
I can post some stuffs to test

Couldbe Yue

Syncing with reality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-16-2008
SLU Posts
I can post some stuff too for any of my seller accounts if you want a selection of types of goods.

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Thank you for the offers to help. Before I have you guys post stuff, what subsections should there be? Should there be a bunch of categories for product type? Also, I can add custom fields to the different types - for example I added land size to the land listings. There is already an additional information link field which could be used for the marketplace link or slurl to the store.

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Ok I gave each of you the ability to post new listings in the Market section. It works similarly to creating a thread. You can upload a small image for the post icon - but any other images in the listing itself will work the same as in the forums - no attachments. I've added a few fields to the product listings - business, business url and permissions so far. I'll add additional ones as needed.

Couldbe Yue

Syncing with reality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-16-2008
SLU Posts
rather than having a pool with everything in it, how about breaking them down into wearables and objects/furniture (or something.. dunno)

• 1Like
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'd help, but all I have are a bunch of 8-year-old pre-mesh houses on my marketplace. Not sure you want that cluttering up your market with that. But I like Couldbe's suggestion of breaking down the sections into, like, wearables, furniture, structures, avatar parts, and so on.

Couldbe Yue

Syncing with reality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-16-2008
SLU Posts
Now I've put the first listing up I have couple of questions
1. is it possible to set a listing for multiple grids? I'm in the process of loading lots of stuff onto an ecommerce website so they can be used anywhere, you've already got it set up so it can point to a web url but is there a way to tweak it to make it list in other world's forums? A premium feature is fine by me.
2. what are you going to do about da smut? Couldbe sells mainly smut..

and eta 3. Where would terrain files go? land or general?

and 4. if you are going to have categories, don't forget to add a content creator component one.. for the mesh templates, textures etc..

• 1Like

Plurabelle Laszlo

SL Rez
Joined SLU
A tick box for "mod" is missing (there is only full perm or no mod, my stuff is all copy/mod)

Since my new releases are (unfortunately, but forced by economic considerations) mainly for events, but will later be available at my mainstore, I would love to have the option to post both the mainstore and the event SLUR

Couldbe Yue

Syncing with reality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-16-2008
SLU Posts
and I think you might need to clarify what the business url is. I put the marketplace listing url and went to click on it and it errored 'The requested page could not be found.'(n)

so is the business url supposed to be for a page here?
and is it possible to have a link for the marketplace listing and another for the inworld (gives people the choice, some people don't like shopping on the marketplace and some do)?

I managed to change the icon successfully so that's a pass (y)
there'es a field - Additional information URL - but it doesn't show anywhere on the listing so that's failedl(n) found it, it's under the more info button

I did notice that the update info doesn't seem to be working. since I changed the icon well after I'd posted initially I would have expected it to change but it hasn't.. or is it only for text changes (I'll go and have a look shall i?).. nope it's for updates.. why is the update feature needed? it means people may put in ridiculous updates just to keep it bouncing to the top.

Last edited:

Plurabelle Laszlo

SL Rez
Joined SLU
As for categories - I personally never searched anything in the old new products forum, not via keyword nor via category. But I very often browsed through the new listings and looked for interesting preview images. Can the icons be bigger than they are now?

• 1Like

Cristiano

Full Frontal Nerdity
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
and I think you might need to clarify what the business url is. I put the marketplace listing url and went to click on it and it errored 'The requested page could not be found.'(n)
I made a mistake in the field format - I've corrected it. I'll add additional fields for Marketplace Store URL and Marketplace Item URL.

eku zhong

Zhonging along.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Mar 2009
SLU Posts
did a test run.. seems intuitive even for half asleep me

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Cristiano

Couldbe Yue

Syncing with reality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-16-2008
SLU Posts
I made a mistake in the field format - I've corrected it. I'll add additional fields for Marketplace Store URL and Marketplace Item URL.
well both work a treat and I noticed the get info button and the get support button when the fields are filled out.. nice touch :)

• 1Like
Reactions: Katheryne Helendale