Hello. My name is Isabeau and I'm a Plantaholic.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Also, I had planned to make a “head” planter using cement and a styrofoam head right before I lopped off a finger tip, so had to postpone. I couldn’t wait any longer so bought some air dry modelling clay instead (cement is kind of messy and I’m not supposed to get hand wet - so effing annoying can’t DO anything) and dug out my head today. Will try to do it this week!

(Do you love my purple bandage? Even stumpies like to be cute 🥰)

Isabeau

Merdeuse
As much as I dislike grass lawns, they’re much better by far than paved over with asphalt “lawns” or *shudder* plastic lawns.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Isabeau

Merdeuse
As I finished writing that pithy comment, I felt satisfied with myself and took a big gulp of my iced coffee… and spilt much of it down my top. As the stream of cold liquid streamed down between my breasts, I let out a “Ahhh!”.

Just thought I’d share.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Today was a harvest day for me. I dug up some sweet potatoes and carrots.

I also planted some sugar cane. That should be interesting. Sugar cane does grow in Florida, which makes me very surprised to learn how difficult it was to get starter plants (part of the cane that will root at the knuckle). They used to have fresh sugar cane in the stores but I haven't seen it in a couple of years now.

Amelia Freund

Joined SLU
10 Sep 2007
SLU Posts
My new place has two mature Frangipani trees and they have caught that bloody Plumeria Rust over the past few weeks!
I'm afraid if I breathe in the spores I will become one of the infected horde from The Last of Us :p

Rose Karuna

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
My new place has two mature Frangipani trees and they have caught that bloody Plumeria Rust over the past few weeks!
I'm afraid if I breathe in the spores I will become one of the infected horde from The Last of Us :p
When you water, try just to water the roots and not get water on the leaves. Also water in early morning and not evening. Rust is a problem we constant battle in Florida.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Amelia Freund

Amelia Freund

Joined SLU
10 Sep 2007
SLU Posts
^ Not quite LOL

Next question: The dead leaves falling off due to the rust, I'm NOT to put them in the compost or green/garden waste bins yes?

Rose Karuna

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
^ Not quite LOL

Next question: The dead leaves falling off due to the rust, I'm NOT to put them in the compost or green/garden waste bins yes?
No, not in compost or garden waste. Keep them away from your other plants. Pick or cut the leaves off before they fall and it will make the plant healthier.

Rose Karuna

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Last month we had a few days below freezing and my Jamaican Strawberry tree turned all brown, I also lost the new growth and blossoms on my tangerine, lemon and plums. Today I went out and trimmed them all and YAY!! new green growth is coming out. I may not get fruit because of the frost but I won't lose my trees either.

Today I started my seedings for my Tomatoes, Seminole pumpkin, Zucchini, a new batch of Basil and lots of different peppers (Jalapeño, Carolina Reaper, Habanero, Scotch Bonnet and Serrano). All the leaves fell off of my Pomegranate, Katuk, Chaya and Cassava plants but they all suddenly seem to be coming back. I'm still harvesting cabbage, turnip greens, bok choy and collard greens.

Gardening is really rewarding - even if the squirrels do end up eating half of it before I can harvest. :bunny:🐿

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Last month we had a few days below freezing and my Jamaican Strawberry tree turned all brown, I also lost the new growth and blossoms on my tangerine, lemon and plums. Today I went out and trimmed them all and YAY!! new green growth is coming out. I may not get fruit because of the frost but I won't lose my trees either.

Today I started my seedings for my Tomatoes, Seminole pumpkin, Zucchini, a new batch of Basil and lots of different peppers (Jalapeño, Carolina Reaper, Habanero, Scotch Bonnet and Serrano). All the leaves fell off of my Pomegranate, Katuk, Chaya and Cassava plants but they all suddenly seem to be coming back. I'm still harvesting cabbage, turnip greens, bok choy and collard greens.

Gardening is really rewarding - even if the squirrels do end up eating half of it before I can harvest. :bunny:🐿

Jealous. 💚

Still snow on the ground here, although the temperature is slowly warming up.

I bought a box of wildflowers this week and I’m thinking of secretly sowing them on the side of my apartment building’s lawn (next month?) I suppose it won’t be that secret as I will have to use a hoe, etc. But I won’t ask permission first. 😈

I learnt that a man living in the building next to mine referred to me as “la madame jardin botanique” because of my balcony flora ha ha. Most other balconies are bare. Even if no one sees me using a hoe, everyone will know who the culprit is.

As for my houseplants, I have a spider mite problem in a couple of them. Annoying, but manageable.

I threw out a quite a few of my succulents that have had mealy bugs since forever. No matter what I did, I could never quite finish them off completely. I’d have to inspect them every week or so, then treat, and then do it again. Jesus I hate those things. Anyway, life’s too short , and with about a hundred plants, I decided that it was okay to accept defeat and move on.

🍀🪴🌱🪴🌺🪴🌱🪴🍀

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
The ponytail palm (not really a palm) in my office developed mealy bugs over and again until I took it home. It gets the same light and water but not central air at home. But it seems happier and the mealy hasn't returned in over three years.

Rose Karuna

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Green beans that I harvested today. I hardly got any last year, I'm not sure why they are so prolific this year. Temperatures are getting up into the 90's now so this is probably my second to the last batch for the season.