WTF Has this administration exceeded your "WTF" threshold? Just wait!

Sep 21, 2018
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Trump administration is considering a major rollback of civil rights regulation

On January 3, the Post reported that the administration was considering “a far-reaching rollback of civil rights law that would dilute federal rules.” The report noted that a recent internal memo from the Justice Department encouraged civil rights officials to look at how anti-discrimination guidance, some of which is decades old, could be removed or changed and what the effects would be.

This memo is reportedly the first step in a larger review that could see some of these guidance completely rescinded in the coming months. The Post notes that the Education Department and Department of Housing and Urban Development are also looking at similar guidance in their respective agencies.

The Justice Department memo explicitly targets federal civil rights guidance that focus on mitigating “disparate impact”— the concept that a practice or system can be discriminatory if it is found to disproportionately affect minorities, even if the policy itself is not rooted in intentional discrimination.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
Sep 20, 2018
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
Just when I start to think this Administration can't possibly sink any lower. It's no wonder they were so desperate to put Kavanaugh in the Supreme Court.

Sep 20, 2018
RL: NZ / EVE: 1DQ1-A & Niarja / SL: Jessie
SL Rez
Just when I start to think this Administration can't possibly sink any lower. It's no wonder they were so desperate to put Kavanaugh in the Supreme Court.
There's a lot further they wish to sink... that is, they wish to sink everyone who aren't the oligarchs.

Sid

Only available with a mug of coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
Limburg, Netherlands
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oct 2009
2 Words: Unite - Fight.

Sep 21, 2018
They can consider whatever his warped little mind comes up with; that doesn't mean they can do it. The longer he continues the current wall tantrum, the more his support will dwindle. At least some Republicans have got to have some limits (I hope).

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Sep 20, 2018
He's still smarting from the Charleston comments. All the (man?) believes in is money and revenge.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
Sep 20, 2018
SL: November RL: DC
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
2 Words: Unite - Fight.
Which is pretty much what is happening. At the start of 2017 there were a lot of different groups. Now they are more interconnected. Yes, they have their specializations (and sometimes differences over tactics) but I am sure I am not the only one that am now on mailing lists I would not have been on 2 years ago.

Now when two groups are protesting donnie the first question is not 'what are they protesting' but 'does their protest look more interesting than the one I am here for'.

Sep 21, 2018

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen🐱
Sep 20, 2018
Right... Behind... You...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009