amazon Good Omens

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Who else is counting down to when this comes out? Tennant as Aziraphale is all you need to explain it to someone who has not read Gaiman but knows SF.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
Two of my favorite writers. Most of what Gaimen is involved in comes off as a good adaptation (not entirely sold on American Gods until they finish up the book, but Stardust is my favorite book to film adaptation) and this is his eulogy for Pratchett, so apparently he has been extra careful about how it is done. And the cast is very strong.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts

Roxanne Blue

Una Mujer Fantastica
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2009
SLU Posts
I am a fan of both, though more a Gaiman than Pratchett fan. This book was a delight and I'm hoping Amazon does as well with it as some of their recent projects.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I am a fan of both, though more a Gaiman than Pratchett fan. This book was a delight and I'm hoping Amazon does as well with it as some of their recent projects.
There are a LOT of 'oh cool, I recognize that' moments in the teasers.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
  • 1Like
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
At episode 3. Overall I'm enjoying the show immensely.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Romana

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Just watched the first one.

I really enjoyed this, particularly because I read it when first it came out and I was (God help us) a yuppie in London, rubbing shoulders with Crowley and Aziraphale in various restaurants and wine bars around Soho and the West End.

So I remember when jokes about the M25, mobile phones and Bohemian Rhapsody were jokes about the latest new thing, along with filofaxes, cold callers and domestic answerphones . Really odd feeling.

Not quite what I expected ... waiting to see which of the various sub-plots are introduced and how they develop. But so far I'm very pleased with it.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I binged it in...almost one sitting.

As someone who hasn't read the book, I found I was a bit disappointed in the sort of sappy ending I seemed to be getting, and then things kept on for another 30 minutes and I was thankful for the bit of a twist that put the active ingredients back in the hands of Crowley and Aziraphale.

Worth watching.

I'd love to see a handful of web episodes or whatever put together which have Sheen and Tennant (as Aziraphale and Crowley, of course) meeting each other at additional events throughout the Bible/regular history.

• 1Like
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Just finished and loved it! David Tennant was killing it. 😎
Same here.

Did you know Michael Sheen was in Doctor Who? Voice of "House" in "The Doctor's Wife". Also check out the license plate on this car in the show. Apparently there are quite a few such easter eggs in Good Omens.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Ava Glasgow

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Also check out the license plate on this car in the show. Apparently there are quite a few such easter eggs in Good Omens.

Crowley's license plate said CURTAIN backward, but I'm not sure what the relevance of that is. I also noticed the airbase guard was reading American Gods. I think I may have to watch it again and again to see how many I can find. 🙂

Zaida Gearbox

I adore Neil Gaiman. I like Michael Sheen and David Tennent (for their acting not their looks). So sounds like a win for me.

I also just couldn't get into American Gods on Starz. I am not sure why.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I had watched it twice by Saturday morning. If only we got stuff like this every year.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Ava Glasgow and Romana

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Ava Glasgow

Ava Ava hot like lava
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
/me racks brain trying to figure out what diversity 'in the first 60 seconds' they would have complained about

The metatron being a female?

Adam and Eve being non-caucasian .... well, that fits and is probably after the first minute.

Maybe the different dates the world could have started at?

It was the black Adam and Eve, and possibly the female God. (Not the Metatron, who shows up later and is male.)

I don't really understand why someone who finds such things horrendously offensive would be watching Good Omens in the first place.