Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Andi

Luskwood Staff
SL Rez
Joined SLU
11-04-2010
SLU Posts
It really makes me wonder about the person dcmaing them. But the lab has to be careful, but luckily Genus has recourse on this and I hope they take it all the way to the bank.

Amelia Freund

Joined SLU
10 Sep 2007
SLU Posts
Genus's inworld store has disappeared. Just as I'm trying to figure out how to update my alt's 'strong' head to wear BoM skins.
Am I correct in assuming there was an official Genus BoM activator that is no longer for sale?

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Genus's inworld store has disappeared. Just as I'm trying to figure out how to update my alt's 'strong' head to wear BoM skins.
Am I correct in assuming there was an official Genus BoM activator that is no longer for sale?
Genus got a second DMCA, a few days after reopening.

MiakisThe Usagi

Bunny Droid
SL Rez
Someone in the Genus group chat should be able to give you the BOM HUD from Genus, it's copy/transfer

If your head is 1.7 though, the BOM buton is on the universal HUD.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Caete

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
post from thier facebook group. Seems genus won and hopefully LL will ignore future DCMAS.... they still can't seem to figure out who is doing it tho

#genusstrong #genuswon
I have won. Partially. But still I was able to prove that the truth is always on my side and it's impossible to slander an honest person. Wanna know why I won partially? Because we haven"t been able to figure out who this toad person is. We haven't been able to find this person yet but I'm sure that sooner or later he will face the consequences for his actions. And I assure YOU I will not give up trying to find YOU. Oh yes, I know that you read my FB and follow me here, because you have so much interest in what I do with my team.
So, today I want to share with you, GENUS customers, what happened during these few months of hell for me.
The person who did this thought out his plan very well, but I'm not stupid. Because of all this deception, which at first seems scary, I thought, is this really a coincidence? But no, when examining the details, I realized that someone was trying to frame me. Since YOU are reading my post too, you should know that your plan was revealed in 15 minutes that were spent on searching for information on Google.
So what happened exactly? This person, I am sure, is a quite experienced second-life user, basically he copybotted my mesh from the game. And then, having some editing skills, he used Photoshop CS6 to create the AD. Do you know what's the funniest thing? He called himself by my name and said that he has been developing mesh for a very famous game studio for 13 years. But in his vendor pic he used free renders from the stock. He created this vendor ad on April 6, 2020 (shortly before filing a fake copyright complaint against me) and uploaded this product to be sold on a third-party site.
Great, the ad was ready (render daz + render from the stock, and the mesh of the copybotted heads on top of this render). Then they came up with a fake address, fake phone number, FAKE lawyer from NY, cuz it's not even in the database. They came up with a text about the alleged studio itself, that they have been doing this business for 13 years, and a list of claims they have against us. In the end they ask to remove all Genus content from ALL of the inventories, so that even a trace of mine will not remain in the SL - no store, no products - nothing.
The most dissapointing thing to me in this whole situation is that I and my 5 lawyers were ignored for several months. Nobody wanted to answer me, all my letters were unanswered - no feedback at all. My lawyers received only references to the old letters and a copy of this complaint. And of course, nobody answered us from those fake addresses and phone numbers. After months of silence, we were finally able to achieve the result. A very famous and strong American lawyer took up the case. For which I am immensely grateful to him. I have received return-on-sale approval for all of my items and there is no longer any DMCA against GENUS Project. All charges were dropped. All copyrights for all my works are registered, all complaints and DMCA that are sent to me from now on will be invalidated. LL is notified of the registration of rights and trademarks.
During this time, I experienced severe stress, I could not sleep, I could not eat, the thought that I was considered a thief caused depression in me and anxiety. I wanted to give up on everything and leave. But I'm not used to giving up. I cried because I was treated unfairly and realising how easy it is to frame the real author of works - it's just insane.
That is why, I just shout to everyone who is engaged in creativity and creates something - you should register the copyright for each of your work. So that no one can ever.. ever do the same to you.
And to YOU, I say this - if you hate me and my brand so much, then don’t be a coward and tell me about it personally. If you want to compete with me, then learn how to work like me and do it honestly and professionally. Otherwise, you are a nobody for me, not a rival, not an enemy, just an empty spot - nothing. I am not afraid of weak people. Sit quietly in your hole so that you are not suddenly caught. The responsibility that you have taken upon yourself is so huge you could end up in jail.
Well, that's about it, I said everything, I love you all, and I am proud that we are ALL - a big family. Me, you, everyone who loves Genus. I will reopen the store tomorrow. Until then, let's celebrate this beautiful day. Or evening. #staystrong

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'm going to expound upon what I said. If they had a legal battle TO win, then they have to know who it was against. So, either there was no legal battle, or there was one and they are being exceedingly kind to not say the details.

if we knew real particulars, it would be easy enough to look it up, but...

You can't have a court case without knowing who its against.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm going to expound upon what I said. If they had a legal battle TO win, then they have to know who it was against. So, either there was no legal battle, or there was one and they are being exceedingly kind to not say the details.

if we knew real particulars, it would be easy enough to look it up, but...

You can't have a court case without knowing who its against.
I didn't mention it going to court... i'm just repeating her words... fake information was used and the person didn't respond and just wasted lawyers time. if LL acknowledges copyright claims then she won't get taken down again. even tho lost of money and time was wasted seems like a win to me reguardless of how you define it.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Did you read the post? unless you think genus is making this up to attract more people... someone is tying up our legal system with fake info.
Basically saying they have won is wrong... there was no win as there was no fight. Some unknown person dropped legal caltrops and Genus had to sit and wait until it cleared up. There is no guarantee it might not happen again. I'd hardly call this a win.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin and Free

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Basically saying they have won is wrong... there was no win as there was no fight. Some unknown person dropped legal caltrops and Genus had to soit and wait until it cleared up. There is no guarantee it might not happen again. I'd hardly call this a win.
just repeting what she said

Caete

Scientist Lady of Science
SL Rez
post from thier facebook group. Seems genus won and hopefully LL will ignore future DCMAS.... they still can't seem to figure out who is doing it tho

Not sure why but the facebook bit is not showing for me. I'll just park this here in case others are having the same issue.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
At least they put it in notices, when I looked at the map for the mainstore. It was packed
Go there anyways eventually, they promised update availability to those who got it in the store (if you got it from group news of course they won't know you are an owner)

MiakisThe Usagi

Bunny Droid
SL Rez
Go there anyways eventually, they promised update availability to those who got it in the store (if you got it from group news of course they won't know you are an owner)
That's all I'm really waiting for, the updates. Though I may eventually get the Baby Face w002 (have w001 atm)