Games for the Oculus Quest

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Apparently Time Stall is a new game, specific to the Quest, unlike others games that are ported over from Oculus Rift.

I LOVE this game! It's a physics puzzle game, with a whacky sense of humor and so many side bits that I could hang around the command area just poking things rather than go play a level. Somehow I missed that you can order pizza there, too, and I'll definitely have to try that when I log on tonight. Many Reddit players are clocking in at 3-4 hours for the entire game (8 levels), but I'm not very good at it and it will probably take me much longer. And I'm fine with that because there's so much to explore that rushing through it rather defeats the fun.

This is the first game I've played where I really feel the need for a larger playing area. It's so immersive that I bumped into furniture in my zeal to move objects, so I'll have to draw my Guardian a little tighter than I would for Beat Saber, where I'm standing in one location. My office has this wonderful large area that I'm just itching to use, but it would mean staying until everyone else has gone home... then explaining to my wife why I'm a few hours late getting home.... maybe I should just claim I'm having an affair.

• 1Hug
  • 1Like
Reactions: Govi and Cristiano

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I'm thinking about getting that one as well as the Pinball FX2 and Red Matter.

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Time Stall reminds me of the final episode of Terry Southern's "The Magic Christian."

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I got Pinball FX2 and Red Matter. Will probably wait a bit on Time Stall.

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
Couple of new items to promote. RealVR Fishing is so much fun! Aside from the fishing itself, I'm really enjoying the South Korean lakes and waterways that were used for the fishing locations, and there's an aquarium that feels like a game inside of a game. The home lodge is so well done that there are times I just sit on the porch and chill, listening to the water lap. You can set the lodge to mirror your real time, and evenings are especially lovely.

Beat Saber continues to be a favorite of mine, and this recent video has made me rethink how I move to the game. Up until now I've been fairly stationary, just using my arms to make cuts, and today I tried this more active approach of lunging back and forth as well as more sideways movement -- what a workout! This has pushed me to a new level of exertion. As a bonus, I reached new highscores for every song I tried playing in this fashion.

• 1Like
Reactions: Cristiano

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
A bunch of new games were announced today for the Quest:

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
I picked up Gadgeteer tonight. It's marginally possible to play sitting down, but a better experience if you're standing. That is going to reduce my playing time since standing on my feet in one place isn't comfortable (I can last much longer moving around in Beat Saber). For $15 it's a fun diversion every now and then, just like my pinball machine.

So far, Beat Saber and Real VR Fishing are my favorite games.

• 1Like
Reactions: Cristiano

Beebo Brink

SL Rez
I love Real VR Fishing so much that I started a subreddit for this game.

r/TheVRFishingHole

Since I have no idea what I'm doing, I started off slowly and low-key with about 3 people who joined but didn't post. So the first like 10 posts are all me talking to myself. Then a fellow enthusiast showed up who liked to talk about the game as much as I did, and we nudged up to 22 members. Then finally a 3rd person showed up and suggested we do some more aggressive promotion, which we did, so now we're up to 62 71 people.

I'm not sure where we hit critical mass for a subreddit to justify its existence, but I feel like we're close. Any day now....

ETA: Count update!

Last edited: