Yay! Fresh New Linden Homes are Here with New Themes and Larger Options

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I just found myself popping around the grid and ended up in a huge multi-hundred-sim continent I'd never seen before full of modern looking houses laid out apparently algorithmically in some semi-random space-filling pattern, and the occasional huge empty park. There seem to have been glitches in the layout process that produced perfectly flat hundred foot cliffs that were super jarring. Anyway, it didn't look like any human had any direct role in the creation, and the overall feel was scarily ugly.

The green dot density was well below 1/sim and they were mostly either idling in houses or having cybersex. There was one cluster of dots that turned out to be a bunch of female humans sitting on a balcony with titles like "handmaiden" and running some script that was tracking how much milk they were producing. Super creepy.

There was a premium only sandbox area (4 or 8 regions at least) to the west that I couldn't get into because I was using a generic account.

Does this sound like the area y'all are talking about?

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I've found them now, yeh, they're really nice. LL needs to get rid of those old linden home sims somehow. They're awful.

One thing I DID find creepy is a bunch opf the homes have apparently Linden-supplied "privacy" orbs (which of course provide no actual privacy). LL has promised to update SL with real privacy tools for over a decade. I guess this means they've officially given up and reneged on yet another promise.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
What else did you expect?
Half arsed and somewhat shady implementations, that's them already, in most cases.
Sim crossing. Nuff said.

Last edited:

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Be fair. They've massively improved sim crossing.

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
It was never flawless, but it's not like it was after the, let's see, the anti-temp-rezzer fuckups, the "sim border security hole" non-problem "fix", the bodged grey goo blockers, and mono which meant they were having to recompile all your CIL to machine code on every crossing or teleport.

The last is still a problem, but at least I can compile all my scripts to LSO so it's just block-copied from one server to another instead of getting marshalled, unmarshalled, and recompiled. If you're still having sim crossing problems and aren't actually running a raytracer in LSL try that.

I am hugely impressed how well they've worked around the issues with Mono, but it's still overkill for most scripts.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I hardly ever notice sim crossings now. The only ones that can ever be an issue are those at busy shopping events when border-humping from the cam sims to get in and buy an outfit that I'll never unpack.