Yay! Fresh New Linden Homes are Here with New Themes and Larger Options

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I was lucky enough to get a houseboat early on, and I have to say, I'm loving the community! I take my truck and drive all around the continent, occasionally finding someone I know just standing on the sidewalk, lol. I've also sailed all around looking at the other houseboats and the coastline. They are having lots of activities for folks, and it really seems to be a pretty cool place to live. Anybody else enjoying it?

Mondy Bristol

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I read about people having to refresh the page to try and get a home when these new homes came out. What happens to people in different time zones who are asleep when they're released? Are they more likely to miss out?
I've gone back to premium recently (when they announced the price changes) and haven't claimed a Linden home. I can't stand the thought of being stuck in one of those old things again.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Archer

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I read about people having to refresh the page to try and get a home when these new homes came out. What happens to people in different time zones who are asleep when they're released? Are they more likely to miss out?
I've gone back to premium recently (when they announced the price changes) and haven't claimed a Linden home. I can't stand the thought of being stuck in one of those old things again.
The new ones are much better - or, if tales of campers are true, worse! (In a trailer court trash kinda way lol).

I already have a camper in a wooded skybox. But if I don’t tier down first, if they ever make Modern homes they got me.

• 1Like
Reactions: Mondy Bristol

Mondy Bristol

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
"The new ones are much better "
But if I understand correctly, if I claim one of the older style homes that are available right now, then I can't claim a new style home when they do become available.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
"The new ones are much better "
But if I understand correctly, if I claim one of the older style homes that are available right now, then I can't claim a new style home when they do become available.
You can swap. In fact, the Lindens want you to, they said the older homes will be phased out.

• 1Happy
Reactions: Mondy Bristol

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
If you claim an older home, you will need to abandon it in order to get a new one. There is no swap feature at this time. As for how and when they release the new homes to be claimed, they are now trying to do it at various times of the day in order to accommodate different time zones. It's pretty obvious LL didn't anticipate how popular these homes and houseboats would be (what's new), and so the demand is far outstripping availability. When they do release them, which is usually about 5 - 10 at a time, they are gone in seconds.

As for using the refresh method, now they have put a limit on that, because it was bogging down their servers. They limit it to 9 refreshes in 10 minutes. If you go over that, they lock you out for a 9 minute cooldown. Getting one at this point in time is purely a matter of luck.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Govi

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Before time began, we would float on the edge of newly discovered sims, waiting for the invisible walls to randomly give way, then swoop in to claim the maximum number of 16sm parcels that we could assemble in the chaos. Overbuying was not an issue because we only paid taxes on what we owned Tuesday when the calculations were processed. Trimming and trading, if you could trust people to trade, were managed before the next assessment. Then people would rez four-hundred prim bookcases and two-hundred prim trees to reserve those openly available resources. Evil they were; stomping on toes I am.

Caliandris

SL Rez
Joined SLU
2006?
If you claim an older home, you will need to abandon it in order to get a new one. There is no swap feature at this time. As for how and when they release the new homes to be claimed, they are now trying to do it at various times of the day in order to accommodate different time zones. It's pretty obvious LL didn't anticipate how popular these homes and houseboats would be (what's new), and so the demand is far outstripping availability. When they do release them, which is usually about 5 - 10 at a time, they are gone in seconds.

As for using the refresh method, now they have put a limit on that, because it was bogging down their servers. They limit it to 9 refreshes in 10 minutes. If you go over that, they lock you out for a 9 minute cooldown. Getting one at this point in time is purely a matter of luck.
It's surprising that they didn't work out they would be popular, given that the homes have double the prims that the older homes like mine in Feverfew have, and a much bigger footprint for the houses, with gardens, rather than a small footprint with common land all around. That combination of double prims with the extra space is very attractive, the fact that the new sims seem to have reawakened the community spirit is a bonus too.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
It's surprising that they didn't work out they would be popular, given that the homes have double the prims that the older homes like mine in Feverfew have, and a much bigger footprint for the houses, with gardens, rather than a small footprint with common land all around. That combination of double prims with the extra space is very attractive, the fact that the new sims seem to have reawakened the community spirit is a bonus too.
They also are actually organized. I hate the old ones mostly because they are a jumbled mess.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
LL acts kind of smart IMHO. Limited supply keeps people talking about it.
And make it more desirable: Look at me, I managed to get something you are still waiting for.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Mondy Bristol

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
So I was offered a house on Belleseria last night, not a houseboat, but I got as far as putting in the name and getting to the page with all the agreements.
Then the page froze and something went wrong, by the time it refreshed it said they'd all sold out! :(

• 1Sad

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
That's the problem most people are having, Mondy. I don't know how people click through so fast, but when they release a new region of homes, 30 - 50 of them are clicked through and accepted within seconds. I can't seem to find the little check box on the second page fast enough. There are tricks you can try if you are willing, but you have to sit there staring at your screen most of the time lol.

Caliandris

SL Rez
Joined SLU
2006?
They also are actually organized. I hate the old ones mostly because they are a jumbled mess.
I actually dislike the Stepford wives appearance of the new sims. I'd happily stay in the Tahoe sims and like the irregularity of the arrangement, if only I could have a bit of garden and double the prims. Each to her own I suppose!

• 1Like

Mondy Bristol

SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Well today I clicked on the get your home option as I have done at random times and it came up with the same house option as the one that failed last time, so this time I just accepted asap and got a home at Sweetmarsh. I was surprised how small the rooms seem on all 4 of the house options available from the mailbox and took a wander round the neighborhood. There seemed to be other houses available near me that are different designs and bigger, some taking up almost the whole plot so not sure how those were available to others. Spotted a friend of mine who was lucky enough to get a houseboat a few weeks ago and she showed me round. My god, they seem huge! And she'd decorated so well. I have no idea what options if any there are in the future for exchanging at some point.

• 1Like

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
So, the last few days I have been hanging out with someone who has one of the new Linden Homes, in the Linden Homes area.

I just want to say, it seems like a pretty good experience. There seems to be a lot more people visiting and talking to their neighbors. Everything looks super nice and fancy. There are apparently quite a few community user groups too.

It kind of makes me want to move there more.

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
If you're into the whole community thing, then they are succeeding with this. It's also a great way to meet new people.

• 1Like

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
I may look into joining the Bellisara communities. I am tired of never having anything to do when I log in and just sitting around.

Archer

Arch Enemy
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Even just joining the group Bellissarria Citizens group might be useful. They are very active and very often announce pop-up parties and DJs during the day.

• 2Like
Reactions: Govi and Brenda Archer

Ziggy Starsmith

When Bellisseria first started up it was busy and vibrant and people everywhere, exploring and socializing. I had a boathouse the switched to traditional house. Now 4 months later I found it dead, people in their houses and not as near as exciting and after exploring for 4 months I got bored of the same old houses with no surprises so I packed up and moved back to Mainland. Deader than a doornail but exploring is still exciting because nothing is the same at every turn and even though there can be ugliness it is interesting and there are many many beautiful places to be found. Follow the roadways to avoid ban lines and orbs.
I think in a year no one will be exciting about the new Linden Homes anymore just like the old ones and it will become another ghost town. It is a shame because the Lindens and Moles did a great job and got it right but the style of homes was not to my likes. I like the log cabin home.
The only parties usually happen when most people are at work and then it sort of becomes yet another clique dancing on someones house boat.