Yay! Fresh New Linden Homes are Here with New Themes and Larger Options

Ashiri

√(-1)
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Looks like more houseboats needed, time to terraform the rest of the continent to coast.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Noticed on the official forums that they have also disabled ban lines, and will be allowing only their own official security orbs, which is awesome too.
Yep, I agree that's a fantastic decision on their part.

Looks to me like all the new ones are gone. I can't access the new continent when requesting a Linden Home now. Is anyone else seeing this?
They're all taken, both the houseboats and the land-based ones. If you're lucky someone might drop one and you can pick one up, but don't bet on it. Makes sense to me because I realized ages ago that there were a LOT of people who wanted to live in Bay City or the Blake, but couldn't justify the huge buy-in. Basically they got a bunch sailors with Loonetta's and Bandit 50's/55's/60's and motor cruisers with their BBX motor yachts/Bandit 480's/460AK's/580's who rezzed their boat at the half hitch and fiddled around in the blake, but couldn't afford the blake to grab one of the houseboats. And they got a bunch of fashionistas who wanted to fill up a cute little 50's/60's bungalow in Bay City with cute mesh furnishings, to pick up one of the houses. In fact, a friend of mine who rented parcel in bay city but dropped it due to the huge amounts of L$ she was spending on it. She'd have loved to own the parcel and just pay to LL, but the buy-in!

Maybe the LL should have opened the new continent only for new premiums the first month or so.
Than they most likely would have raked in a lot of extra cash.
And in that month they could have enrolled more of the continent, so the oldbee premiums could step in.
That is such a great idea, great way to encourage NEW premium accounts, and to ensure those new premiums get dibs rather than oldbie-alts.

There might be some "occupied" spaces as new occupants swap around between plots too.

I do like the new houses, especially the houseboats. I can't justify the tier bump just now, but I still kinda want one in the future :D

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Lewis Luminos

The Gingerbeard Man
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm at my limit for mainland so I won't be trying for one, but I really wish they'd put those houseboats up on the MP. I'd love to have one for my own parcel (which is mostly water)

Anyone clever with mesh want to have a crack at making something similar?

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
but I really wish they'd put those houseboats up on the MP. I'd love to have one for my own parcel (which is mostly water)

Anyone clever with mesh want to have a crack at making something similar?
I swear I've seen houseboats like those on the Blake! I can't remember where, might have been up north near second norway.

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I swear I've seen houseboats like those on the Blake! I can't remember where, might have been up north near second norway.
They resemble those I've seen in Sausalito, on the part of San Francisco Bay called Richardson Bay.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Daniel Voyager

The lab have added more SSP regions far south of the original SSP continent. Looks like they are building more houseboats.

Patch Linden posted this new update on the SL forums today.

Well that was fast!

In less than 48 hours, our new Traditional Homes and Houseboats on the new Bellisseria continent have been claimed. We're really pleased and overwhelmed at the positive response to the new models and at the rapid speed with which they were acquired. Welcome to the neighborhood: we’re glad to have you here!

For those of you who weren’t able to get in, don’t worry: you’re not out of luck. More Houseboats will be coming in the very near future, followed by additional Traditional homes and newer themes that we hope you’re also going to love. The LDPW and Moles are hard at work crafting the themes and the rest of the continent for your enjoyment, so get ready for new styles and new neighbors over the course of the year.

Stay tuned to this post: we’ll be updating the status of home availability and other pertinent information as we go forward, so you’ll be able to jump in and get your new home.

Current Inventory Status (18 April 2019 @ 7:30am SLT )

Traditional Homes: Out of Stock
Houseboats: Out of Stock

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
The houseboats are quite nice (I haven't had a look at the traditional houses yet), with a decent enough range of customisation options. They're not as nice as you'll see from the bigger name architecture brands, but considering their intended purpose, they're quite satisfactory. The fact that every houseboat block comes with waterway access and has space for mooring/rezzing is a big plus. The most significant negative, at least from my perspective, is the scale. The boats are built in the traditional Linden Lab giant scale. The few pieces of furniture I've rezzed so far looks made for dolls, and I feel like a child.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Ellen Cordeaux

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Linden Lab have landscaped the neighborhoods very impressively well. Never thought I'd see the day. Khamon would hop right on one of those homes if tier weren't fully devoted to Taber.

Ellen Cordeaux

Lurky Loo
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The houseboats are quite nice (I haven't had a look at the traditional houses yet), with a decent enough range of customization options. They're not as nice as you'll see from the bigger name architecture brands, but considering their intended purpose, they're quite satisfactory. The fact that every houseboat block comes with waterway access and has space for mooring/rezzing is a big plus. The most significant negative, at least from my perspective, is the scale. The boats are built in the traditional Linden Lab giant scale. The few pieces of furniture I've rezzed so far looks made for dolls, and I feel like a child.

Yep, all of this. :qft:

I zipped over and had a walk-around before they were all gone. The first thing I noticed were how giant they were in relation to my avatar. I don't like the styles either which is just personal taste, but I could live with it enough to park my boat if I were able to at least shrink them down a bit. That's always the first thing I do when I buy a structure.

Still, gotta give LL props because clearly they are trying to connect with the users with this.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Archer

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
OK, I missed it. Is it worth keeping an eye out for the new ones? I don't want to tier up again, but I do have a Linden home separate from my own land (used for storage and a place to have if my home sim is down) I could trade in.

Ellen Cordeaux

Lurky Loo
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
OK, I missed it. Is it worth keeping an eye out for the new ones? I don't want to tier up again, but I do have a Linden home separate from my own land (used for storage and a place to have if my home sim is down) I could trade in.
I'd say it's worth keeping an eye out. They're promising new themes and more houseboats on a new region soon.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Romana

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts

Adeon Writer

Maybe the LL should have opened the new continent only for new premiums the first month or so.
Than they most likely would have raked in a lot of extra cash.
And in that month they could have enrolled more of the continent, so the oldbee premiums could step in.
That would have just filled it with alts that never sign in, instead people who might be active.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'd be slightly more tempted if they were more fantasy themed, but they are definitely better than the original LHs, way back when. Just not my style and again, don't particularly want to tier up - or have to be well behaved :D

• 1Like

Amelia Freund

Joined SLU
10 Sep 2007
SLU Posts
Those cottages look very endearing, plus they come on a useable 1024m2. With my current linden home you can only rez/build within the actual footprint of the house. They look like a better deal than what was available prior, so no wonder people are flocking to grab them.

• 1Agree

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
don't particularly want to tier up
What do you mean by 'tier up'? As I understand it, these new homes are available as a default part of paying for a 'premium' package, so there is no need to tier up. Or put another way, the minimum amount of tier you now get for going premium is enough to cover it.

As for 'fantasy' style houses, I'm sure those will come in the future, but I guess for the moment LL have figured that modern-day suburban lifestyles - and sailing! - is more popular in SL.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Sid