Yay! Fresh New Linden Homes are Here with New Themes and Larger Options

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
What do you mean by 'tier up'? As I understand it, these new homes are available as a default part of paying for a 'premium' package, so there is no need to tier up. Or put another way, the minimum amount of tier you now get for going premium is enough to cover it.
In order to cover mainland currently owned presumably.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
What do you mean by 'tier up'? As I understand it, these new homes are available as a default part of paying for a 'premium' package, so there is no need to tier up. Or put another way, the minimum amount of tier you now get for going premium is enough to cover it.

As for 'fantasy' style houses, I'm sure those will come in the future, but I guess for the moment LL have figured that modern-day suburban lifestyles - and sailing! - is more popular in SL.
I already have 1/8th of mainland. And I can more or less do what I want with it.
In order to cover mainland currently owned presumably.
Yup!

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Wesleytron

Khamon

Irish Harper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Khamon would either have to pay for tier or abandon some of the group land so no Linden Home for him. Another option is to pull tier from the group and let it be deficient. Not that brave.

Adeon Writer

Very happy with the plot I got - facing road A back yard with mole-rezzed shrubs on 3 sides - saves me rezzing my own privacy barriers. Oddly enough not all of them have that.

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I'm not wanting to tier up for it so I'm waiting, but if they offer homes that are Modern or Futuristic I might finally have to get one. I went in my boat up the Belisseria coast today and everything looks really well done.

OrinB

I'm here...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts

As for 'fantasy' style houses, I'm sure those will come in the future, but I guess for the moment LL have figured that modern-day suburban lifestyles - and sailing! - is more popular in SL.
If you've already used your free premium tier for land elsewhere, you'd need to tier up in order to take advantage of the premium membership land offer. IE you didn't like the other linden homes options, used your tier to buy mainland... now you like the new linden homes and would like one, but don't want to leave your existing land!

Adeon Writer

If you've already used your free premium tier for land elsewhere, you'd need to tier up in order to take advantage of the premium membership land offer. IE you didn't like the other linden homes options, used your tier to buy mainland... now you like the new linden homes and would like one, but don't want to leave your existing land!
But if you are already using that land allocation you need to either sell it (like I did), abandon it (RIP), or tier up to own 1024sqm more.

That’s why this Linden home update caused a rush of mainland sales people trying to get rid of their 1024 plots to claim a free Linden home

OrinB

I'm here...
SL Rez
Joined SLU
23 Sept 2009
SLU Posts
But if you are already using that land allocation you need to either sell it (like I did), abandon it (RIP), or tier up to own 1024sqm more.

That’s why this Linden home update caused a rush of mainland sales people trying to get rid of their 1024 plots to claim a free Linden home
Yup! That's what i said :)

• 1Agree
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Gear

Genuine Imitation Riku Android
SL Rez
I've been trawling around the new continent and I really like the look of it, but if I were to move there I'd have to pull my draw distance way in while I was in the area. Frame rates are a bit stiff, even for my overengineered machine.

But it's so nice to see actual landscaping and some measure of residential planning in action.

Gear

SL Rez
The ultimate plan is to replace ALL the old Linden Homes, move folks out of those and into the new ones. Because the old ones are seriously dated.

• 1Agree

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Moles are active in Bellisseria today, putting in more houses and roads and stuff on that island area in the middle. Also Patch has been down there, ran into him chatting with some Bellisserians at one of their public houses.

Gear

SL Rez
They've also started connecting more regions to the continent adjacent to where the new plots are being deployed.

Edit: How did I forget this thread was here? I blame a lack of coffee.

I have landed a lovely little home of my own! Which means it's time to figure out what goes where and how to consolidate my disorganized down into a more realistic floorplan.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
So, I didn't look too close at this but SL16B has a demo area of them and I didn't realize how damn nice these were. House boats? Real streets that look like street? A trailer kingdom if you want that?

I kind of wonder if they will eventually convert the old Linden Homes to this newer style, because that scattered mess has always been a little lame.

I am also a bit torn because I've got a water parcel on the mainland now and I have a parcel on a road elsewhere, so I am kind of covered for wanting these things, but the new areas are pretty nice. I think the more appealing part is how it's not all hodgepodgey like the mainland areas.

• 1Like

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
So, I didn't look too close at this but SL16B has a demo area of them and I didn't realize how damn nice these were. House boats? Real streets that look like street? A trailer kingdom if you want that?

I kind of wonder if they will eventually convert the old Linden Homes to this newer style, because that scattered mess has always been a little lame.

I am also a bit torn because I've got a water parcel on the mainland now and I have a parcel on a road elsewhere, so I am kind of covered for wanting these things, but the new areas are pretty nice. I think the more appealing part is how it's not all hodgepodgey like the mainland areas.
I do recall them saying that they wanted all the Linden housed people to eventually be in the new homes.

My old potato computer gets lagged in the new housing but that could be as much from unoptimized furniture as from the Linden builds. So I’m holding onto my Mainland plot, but I love the new rez zones on water.

Gear

SL Rez
Come visit Bellisseria. Have a pickel, pet a squirrel.

It's really pretty here.

• 1Like

Tirellia

Cold and Wet
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I liked the look of the old fantasy themed Linden Home sims. Randomly spaced homes, lots of trees and plants, waterways, hills and slopes. Unfortunately the buildings were no mod and included details which were annoying. I'd certainly be tempted by something like that with the new 1024 allowance, especially if I could be on the waterfront. Until then I'll keep to my 560 water parcel on mainland. Unfortunately I can't expand it, one of those weirdo land barons grabbed the space behind me. But I've got a Linden water route one side of me and a protected water sim to the front.

Benjamin Opel

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
Extremely excited to hear about the new themes going forward (tents/trailers). Potentially, I may upgrade to premium for the tents :sneaky: