Fraggle Rock: Rock On!

bubblesort

I just watched Apple+'s new Fraggle Rock series. It hasn't gotten any marketing, for some reason, which is a shame, because it's one of the only revivals worth watching. It's super short, too. Each episode is 5 minutes long, and there are 5 episodes out right now. The last episode of season 1 comes out next week.

The whole show was shot on iPhones, from the production crew's apartments. The fraggles are in different parts of the cave, communicating with doozer tubes, which are like web cams, so the whole show is like a zoom call (side note: according to my GF, who has deep, encyclopedic knowledge of all things Fraggle Rock, the doozer tubes are the first doozer structures that fraggles can't eat). They never mention corona or COVID-19 in the show, they are just teleconferencing for fun. Travelling Matt reports that nobody is outside in outer space, but doesn't know why. Then he breaks and enters on a hip hop artist's house and they sing Be My Song together. I think this is the first time there has been any rap in a fraggle song, ever, but it works.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Isabeau

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Been watching it on apple tv. It is wow!

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Looks like they're getting a season 2 of sorts.

Query: Can it really be a children's show if you have a character named Boober on it?

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Looks like they're getting a season 2 of sorts.

Query: Can it really be a children's show if you have a character named Boober on it?

• 1Yay!
Reactions: bubblesort