Following People on Multiple Platforms

Monica Dream

MD 2020
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
use reddit for new age crap and lurking transgroups
Slight change to this. I'm trying to figure out a workable / viable way to get trans support. I'm on one forum that isn't quite appropriate, and I'm on reddit but so are a particularly nasty breed of alt-right stalkers who are harassing and outing transfolk who post there so...yeahno.

Like everything else -work in progress.

EmpressOfCommunism

Feted Inner Collective Farmer <3
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I have twitter

Discord

Facebook

Instagram

and Tumblr

A private message here or finding me through the VV1 discord could get you guys any of these if you like.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Agreed my first modem was a Hayes 300 baud “smart” modem that was half the size of the computer. So mine was bigger *and* smaller at the same time. has win intrawebz1
My first modem was either a 110 or a 300. Yes, huge compared to when I had a 2400 later.

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Slight change to this. I'm trying to figure out a workable / viable way to get trans support. I'm on one forum that isn't quite appropriate, and I'm on reddit but so are a particularly nasty breed of alt-right stalkers who are harassing and outing transfolk who post there so...yeahno.

Like everything else -work in progress.
Try looking at local groups that skew younger. Particularly ones that mention genderqueer and nonbinary in their description. It is interesting how people get attracted to different groups, for example local transwomen that are activists often wind up on the local list for transguys.

I used to be in charge of the email list for the local "adult" transwomen group. Drama ensued when someone tried to throw her weight around. I calmly deleted the email list.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Monica Dream

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I got a 2400 baud modem and a full 80x25 character terminal with a full sized microswitch keyboard as part of a contract (part payment and required for completing the work from home) back when 300 baud and 40x24 characters (sometimes uppercase only) on a TV screen was standard. It felt like I was in the future.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kara Spengler

SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I got a 2400 baud modem and a full 80x25 character terminal with a full sized microswitch keyboard as part of a contract (part payment and required for completing the work from home) back when 300 baud and 40x24 characters (sometimes uppercase only) on a TV screen was standard. It felt like I was in the future.
I scored a Hazeltine dumb terminal as a kid. Of course my parents had the usual 'what are you going to do with that' reaction. It, my apple, and my modem followed me off to college.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer