"Florida Man" is still at it

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Florida politics are dirty to the core.

These are only the more recent.

Let's not forget about Voldemort! PolitiFact - Rick Scott 'oversaw the largest Medicare fraud' in U.S. history, Florida Democratic Party says

Greenberg and Gaetz appear to be amongst the slimiest of slimy with all the underage sex stuff. I'm hoping that if Gaetz is convicted it ends three generations of assholes in Florida politics.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Florida politics are dirty to the core.

These are only the more recent.

Let's not forget about Voldemort! PolitiFact - Rick Scott 'oversaw the largest Medicare fraud' in U.S. history, Florida Democratic Party says

Greenberg and Gaetz appear to be amongst the slimiest of slimy with all the underage sex stuff. I'm hoping that if Gaetz is convicted it ends three generations of assholes in Florida politics.
Let's not forget DeathSantis/DeSatan:

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
Let's not forget DeathSantis/DeSatan:

Quick thing - Publix isn't actually owned by the Heiress who donated - not that I'd expect the GOP to know this - also, this isn't really news to Floridians.

For example, panhandle is, on the surface, super red; but also not super rich - so it took a lot longer to get a good roll out here. Also, Publix was very strongly curtailed in the roll-out - ONLY 65 and older and Healthcare workers.

--- I'm assuming, because Publix was first to get the vaccine of the pharmacies to my knowledge.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
Quick thing - Publix isn't actually owned by the Heiress who donated - not that I'd expect the GOP to know this - also, this isn't really news to Floridians.

For example, panhandle is, on the surface, super red; but also not super rich - so it took a lot longer to get a good roll out here. Also, Publix was very strongly curtailed in the roll-out - ONLY 65 and older and Healthcare workers.

--- I'm assuming, because Publix was first to get the vaccine of the pharmacies to my knowledge.
Oh, I know it's not news to Floridians, that's how I knew his nicknames, lol.

Oh, and speaking of DeSantis:

He keeps great company, doesn't he? 😂

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts

Jopsy Pendragon

Magic thrives within Intentionality
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Came here to say just that after seeing:

... school staff are now going to be required to fill out a “confidential” health form stating their current vaccination status along with if and when they intend to get vaccinated. Those who have already been vaccinated will not be allowed to return to the classroom or be near the students. “It is our policy, to the extent possible, not to employ anyone who has taken the experimental COVID-19 injection until further information is known,” Centner wrote. Employees, of which there are some 50 teachers and 25 support staff, will be required to “acknowledge the School will take legal measures needed to protect the students if it is determined that I have not answered these questions accurately.”
FFS, just what we need... another institute perpetuating "De-education".

I swear for as much contemptuous mewling the right wing have for "Making Every Child Feel Speeeshul!" and how it's ruining our country, it seems like the policy for this f*cked-in-the-head school is "Protect our children from the judgmental negativity expressed by uppity people with medicine/science/facts and logic on their side!"

Using a professionally paid position of any authority to perpetuate demonstrably dangerously stupid and harmful ideology should be a god damned felony.

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I'm really starting to think that losing most of Florida to climate-related flooding is merely an act of karma.

• 2Like
Reactions: Kalel and WolfEyes

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
This made me laugh, particularly the reaction from the football players.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I'm really starting to think that losing most of Florida to climate-related flooding is merely an act of karma.
I more or less agree, but at the same time... its bad enough my great grandfather's ashes ended up under a stupid civic center, but if most of florida goes under the waves, my great grandmother and grandm9other's graves go under too - but then selling our house would prolly bring a medium sized fortune, because we're high enough that even worse case projections show us above the waves.