"Florida Man" is still at it

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Runs into thread, drops this quote from the article: I'm from Florida. Our coronavirus crisis doesn't surprise me | Geoffrey Kabaservice

Florida has a well-deserved reputation as America’s weirdest state, so perhaps the pandemic punishment being meted out to us right now shouldn’t come as a shock. A 1948 Fortune magazine study observed: “Florida is a study in abnormal psychology, useful in signaling the … hidden derangements of the national mood.” A lot of bad trends in American life find their most bizarre and refined forms in the Sunshine state, which is why “Florida Man” has become shorthand for the bad behavior of too many state residents. As far as the present pandemic is concerned, the simplest and most convincing explanation for why Florida is experiencing an explosion of Covid-19 cases it that it is an extreme case of the broader American failure to take the pandemic seriously."
:word:

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Bicycle vs Iguana

Sadly, Iguana loses but man needs stitches. Only in Florida.

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
I'm generally very careful about what kind of information I put out there. But dates of birth are almost public knowledge. Anyone who uses their date of birth as a basis for choosing passwords or security questions needs a good, stern lecture on cybersecurity.
Doesn't help if the entity you're interacting with uses them as a layer of security or even part of an identifier: eg, doctors, pharmacists.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Romana and Rose Karuna

Tigar

😷 wearin’ a mask to keep you safe 🐯
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
  • 1Angry
Reactions: Govi

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
All I can say is that I hope this asshole gets all 70 years of the potential sentence coming to him. As I was reading this, I was thinking about all the people I see lined up at the food banks and all the people actually losing their businesses because the money ran out before they got to it and now they can't get help and it makes me furious.

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I hate posting the horrible ones...

Kelvis Rodriguez-Tormes, 37, is accused of gunning down Desmond Joshua, 22, in the parking lot of the fast-food restaurant on East Colonial Drive about 7:30 p.m., according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.

“You got two seconds before I shoot you,” Rodriguez-Tormes told the victim, who had only been recently hired, before pulling the trigger, WKMG reported, citing deputies.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
Video of Bloody Florida Man Attacking Speeding Semi-Truck Is Straight Out of Terminator | News Break

Truck driver Edward Hughes gave a detailed account of the incident to TMZ. He claims that the Florida Man tried to wave him down. Hughes stopped, noticing that the man was covered in blood. But the Florida Man, refusing whatever help Hughes would have been able to offer, jumped up on the hood of the semi and tried bashing the window in with an unidentified metal object.

Panicking, Hughe admits he stepped on the gas in an attempt to shake the man off the hood. According to various reports, the Florida Man was able to hold on for almost nine miles. Police eventually got the truck to pull over, and the unidentified Florida Man was taken into custody. He was later evaluated at Wellington Regional Hospital.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Florida ... just one big food fight!

If it's not tacos, hamburgers or salami's being thrown, it's slurpees.

• 1Facepalm
  • 1Eye Roll
Reactions: Govi and Sid