Fix old links?

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Are you ever going to set up redirects so old links work?

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
I fixed that too, I had one of them out of order so it was redirecting to the general site before it could match the pics.aspx links.

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Hmm, still not working for me. Need to reload something?

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Those links are still taking you to the main page of the new site? Each of them works for me.

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
The first copy of the links (comment #5) show up as "Snapzilla" in the forum and link to the home page, but hovering over the links they look like the original. But following them takes me to the top page.

The same links, reposted, now show up as boxes.

Converted into the jpg format they're working.

Possibly the rewriting in the BBcode here is confusing things?

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Ah, I understand now - you original post there with the four links that embedded just as Snapzilla would not have been automatically updated by my fixing the links. It only does that check when you first create the post.

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
The first four open in snapzilla for me. That is, the picture opens, and the url is snapzilla.com. The last two are 404.
The last two are meant to be 404 as I no longer support the snapzilla signature images on the new site.

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
Ah, I understand now - you original post there with the four links that embedded just as Snapzilla would not have been automatically updated by my fixing the links. It only does that check when you first create the post.
Wait, you're patching the links in this forum only? The problem isn't here (it can't be, every post here is after the changeover), it's external links to slpics and sluniverse addresses in reddit and secondlife forums and other forums and blogs and things.

Let's try copying and pasting instead of clicking in the forum:

Works: Snapzilla Snapshot ~ Imnotgoing Sideways - CLOSED
Broken: Snapzilla Snapshot ~ Imnotgoing Sideways - CLOSED

Edit: Now I am confuse. So confuse. That broken link is broken in the forum, but the box the forum created to the same link works. Unless I copy and paste the link.

Last edited:

Cristiano

I AM BABY GROOT
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
No, I'm not patching links in the forum. My point was that when you first posted the two links that ended with pic.aspx?id= , I had broken that redirect accidentally when putting in some of the direct image redirects. After you pointed it out, I fixed it - I was just saying that they would not show the details in your original post because the embed happens at the time of creating the post. The link would still work regardless of it just saying Snapzilla in the text, however.

Argent Stonecutter

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
The four links in Post #5 (taken from a post by Immy in the Second Life forums archive) are still broken. Even after you copy and paste and even after repasting them into a forum post. If you take out the www they work, and one of them sort of works in post #9 in that it turns into a box... but the link is still broken.