Everything Trans, Non-Binary, and Genderfluid in regards to SL

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
After Kami did the "Still Cis Tho" /r/egg_irl joke to me in the GenX thread I thought I'd start a thread for Trans, Non-Binary and Genderfluid stuff in regards to SL.

• 1Yay!
Reactions: Soen Eber

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts

Hey societal norms? I got something here for you to suck. 🍆
Damn right.
I think one of the reasons SL fashion resonated so much with me is because I had engaged in secret doll-play when I was young. Something I wrote waaay back in 2006:

Monica Dream

Jesus -he knows me ...and he knows I'm right!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
Just had an epiphany replying to a rehashed gender thread at the other place. You can guess where:

[edit]There's no signifigance to the "edited just now" line. That's only to show that yes, that is my post.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
I would like to read more of that thread and managed to find it so I guess I don't need to ask and maybe I should post link here or maybe not and leave that up to you only if you'd like to post it. ❤

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Monica Dream

Monica Dream

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
haha. I was thinking "I'm not sure why Monica cut the reply off in that screen cap and not sure if some sort of privacy was supposed to be in play but I respect it."

Monica Dream

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2010
SLU Posts
haha. I was thinking "I'm not sure why Monica cut the reply off in that screen cap and not sure if some sort of privacy was supposed to be in play but I respect it."
Ah, it was a weird one that came from my social phobia (which doesn't usually affect me online). I didn't want to include the person I was quoting bc I was worried about their privacy and looking like I was flaming them.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
People often think Khamon is a girl inworld. He's a wood sprite, so actually non-gendered, but has always used he/him pronouns. The weirdo strangeness is that people have corrected and argued with me that he must be a girl, and should be referred to as her/she, based on his appearance and mannerisms. This has happened many times. He's a short, green, modified Ruth avatar wearing a stillsuit and using no scripted animations, other than the ones built into the client. So I've no idea what they mean.

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Oh well then they are respectfully SOL most gracious sir you’re lovely thank you have a nice day and all kbye

• 1Like
Reactions: Clara D.

Mona Eberhardt

M-Doll 0809A
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec. 26, 2012
SLU Posts
You might find this interesting. Xiola Nova (formerly Xiola Linden - yes, LL's former Lead Community Manager) is writing a paper for her LGBTQ+ class on how SL has contributed to gender and equality exploration and would like to hear our stories.

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
You might find this interesting. Xiola Nova (formerly Xiola Linden - yes, LL's former Lead Community Manager)
Ah ha! I saw a few flickr pics las week of an avatar named Xiola Nova who reminded me of Xiola Linden and wondered if it was her.

is writing a paper for her LGBTQ+ class on how SL has contributed to gender and equality exploration and would like to hear our stories.

I'll have to contact her in-world, I don't do Plurk.

• 1Like
Reactions: Mona Eberhardt