Dreaming about Second life

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Anyone else have weird dreams about SL or involving SL in some nature?

I had a fairly lucid dream last night where i was stuck in some office at a computer. I'm not sure how i got there but i could see something that looked like a Linden lab logo. I was wearing some pink Clothing which was fairly scantly clad and had a decent Rack to go with it as well. it definitely wasn't work appropriate Attire. I tried to ask a question to a person nearby who i seem to recognize as my coworker but she would never answer my questions and kept laughing and teasing me about my accent no matter what i asked.( sounded fine to me) I started to wonder if i slept with someone to get this job but i suddenly felt a chill and a voice in head telling to go to work before you get fired. So i put on the headphones and started working.

several days passed. i keep showing up to work. I have no idea what i'm working on but im bored.. kept flipping back between my work window and a second life window...i also occasionally flipped to another platform like game... i was afraid of getting caught not working but everyone else was doing it as well... another day passed my co-worker still constantly teasing me it came to mind that i should make more friends. Somehow i managed to get up and walk to the next room. the label showed "coding department". it was much Bigger and more colorful then the room i was in. i wanted to say at least 100 people of all different races i think there were furries and other anthropomorphed beings too. everyone was super nice and showing me their work and giving me part of their lunch, telling me what they do.

a female manager walked in and got everyones attention... upper management were mad that some third party was getting all the traffic so they wanted the coding department to create a shell company and website. Also asked to come up with a logo design. A Black guy stood up and asked " Will we get paid more if we do it?" The manager responded. I promise to ask them for more money.." Everyone cheered and partied and quickly went to work super enthusiastic .

The next day came.. i went to the coding department it was empty... sad look appeared on my face. I went back to sit at my desk my co-worker turned to me. I could see she has second life open and she was a Chibi white furry with pink clothing. She asked "Do you want to get paid more?" I didn't hesitate to answer "NOPE!" and i went back to work..

Then my RL alarm went off scare jumping out of my bed.

• 1Interesting
  • 1Creative
Reactions: Brenda Archer and Free

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
Mine doesn't compare to your's. I had stayed up way too late playing with prims before going to sleep and when the alarm woke me up in the morning I stood there and stared at it for the longest time trying to figure out how that number related to applying a texture to a cylinder or something and wondering what the hell that noise was. I suspect I had continued messing around with prims in my sleep.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Any dreams I've had involving Second Life are more indirect, usually about meeting people I've gotten to know in-world out in real life somewhere. I seem to end up wearing underwear or being fully naked in public at some point...

Brenda Archer

SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
I’m sure I’ve had a dream of SL before, but don’t fully remember.

Near where I used to live in Houston, there was a blocky building exactly the gray color of a prim whose texture hasn’t come in yet. Every time I drove by it I’d think, “they really should texture their building.”

bubblesort

Yeah, I get Tetris effect dreams about video games I play a lot sometimes, SL included. I think the first time it happened was about a MUD, where the whole universe was black with text scrolling up. Saints Row gives me the most depraved dreams. I once had a tetris effect style dream that I played chess all night long, and when I woke up I could all of a sudden visualize the chess board a lot better. It was almost like Neo waking up and going "I know kung-fu".

If I've been building or doing stuff in SL right before bed then it'll often be the place my dreams are located. If I focus on anything before bed it can easily land in a dream, which can be good or bad depending what it is! I don't mind dreaming about games and books I'm reading, I'm just glad that I haven't had a dream about doing my accounts yet...

Conifer Dada

There's always time for another coffee.
SL Rez
Aspects of SL do find their way into my dreams occasionally. This seems to happen more if I've been away from SL for a few days, oddly.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Argent Stonecutter

Emergency Mustelid Hologram
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sep 2009
SLU Posts
My computing dreams are more often about coding, and are usually in an assembly language. Sometimes I'm writing code to control things in reality. those may be SL dreams.

• 1Like

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
My computing dreams are more often about coding, and are usually in an assembly language.
My dreams about coding are almost all confused, frustrating bouts where when I finally wake from them, I want to kick the crap out of my brain for wasting 20-30 minutes of dreamtime on some crazy effort of developing an app that can track buying patterns across cat owners over Super Bowl weekend or some such nonsense.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I can't recall a real dream about SL.
What I do every now and then, is daydreaming about where SL could be by now, if it would have been in the hands of a company that understood were Second Life is all about. Or what I would change and implement first, when I would be at the wheel.
But that doesn't count I guess.

• 1Like

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
My dreams about coding are almost all confused, frustrating bouts where when I finally wake from them, I want to kick the crap out of my brain for wasting 20-30 minutes of dreamtime on some crazy effort of developing an app that can track buying patterns across cat owners over Super Bowl weekend or some such nonsense.
Cats deserve crunchy snacks too.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Cats deserve crunchy snacks too.
Well sure, but I don't want to spend time dreaming about how to program those snacks to be crunchy.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Clara D.

Clara D.

Coffee Squirrel is judging you.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
Well sure, but I don't want to spend time dreaming about how to program those snacks to be crunchy.
Code:
if(llGetBiteForce() > 18.0) llPlaySound("Crunch.wav",1.0);

Maitimo

mostly 'armless
SL Rez
Once I dreamed about meeting a friend, who I know in both RL and SL. In SL he is a furry. So naturally, in the dream, he looked like his furry avatar in RL too, and somehow, in the dream, that was perfectly normal.

Another time... well, you know those dreams where you wake up, get out of bed, go about your morning routine, except you're actually still asleep and you're only dreaming about it? Then you wake up again? I had one of those. Except the first time I woke up, I was in my SL house. The dream collapsed into paradox when I realised that my SL house had no bathroom.

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
My computing dreams are more often about coding, and are usually in an assembly language.
I've been coding for 40 years and I don't remember ever having a coding dream.

I generally do have dreams about visual aspects of things I do. I had dreams about those 2x2 coin holders, and piles of wheat cents, when I was a kid coin collecting. I'm pretty sure I must have had a dream involving SL's camera controls, but I don't remember any. It's been a while since I've been active.

• 1Like

CronoCloud Creeggan

Redheaded
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
07-25-2012
SLU Posts
Watching a show about Nazi hunters before bed after going to Marianne McCann's rezday party resulted in really fucking bizarre dreams.
“Marianne McCann, Nazi Hunter“ is a show I'd watch.

• 1Agree

Adeon Writer

When I first started playing SL had dreams about SL it was as if it was a real place and everyone was actually their avatars and so was I. Sort of Ready Player One style.

I didn't have very many, but yeah I actually had a dream I was in Korea 1 for real.

• 1Like