SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
I don't think he's matured enough to be able to claim that what he did in middle school should be put behind him. That said, he did the right thing by resigning.
He certainly shows no remorse for his actions, nor empathy for his victims, nor any real understanding of why what he did was wrong. The only consideration that seems to matter to him is his political career.

Putting sexually abusive narcissists in positions of political power and responsibility isn't a great idea, as we're all too well aware.

Last edited:

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
If he's a smart sociopath, he'll run as a republican saying the SJW's chased him out of the democratic party.... in some districts, they'd eat that up.
A man of that mindset has no business being in public office, regardless of his political affiliation.

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

bubblesort

Markey beat Kennedy! That's awesome. Gotta keep those establishment goons away from the levers of power.

It's not all good news today, though. Richard Neal beat out Alex Morse. This race has been discussed in this thread a while back, it was pretty ugly. To refresh your memory, though, Neal is the chair of ways and means, and is endorsed by Pelosi. Morse had endorsements from people like AOC.

It's ok, we had a good night in Massachusetts, but there is still room for improvement next time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Markey beat Kennedy! That's awesome. Gotta keep those establishment goons away from the levers of power.
Markey served as a U.S. Congressperson since 1976. He's had his current senate seat since 2013.

I'm glad he beat Kennedy, but Markey becoming a progressive darling this past year doesn't make him anti-establishment.

• 1Agree
  • 1Like
Reactions: Cristalle and bubblesort

bubblesort

Markey served as a U.S. Congressperson since 1976. He's had his current senate seat since 2013.

I'm glad he beat Kennedy, but Markey becoming a progressive darling this past year doesn't make him anti-establishment.
LOL, come on, man, it's 2020. We're grasping at straws for something to be optimistic about.

• 1Like
Reactions: Isabeau

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
A lesser known success in the Massachusetts primaries.

Shiva Ayyadurai may be best known for his dubious claim to have invented email and for filing defamation lawsuits against online publications that debunked his claim. On Tuesday, Ayyadurai added to his list of non-accomplishments when Massachusetts voters denied him the Republican nomination for US Senate.

Attorney Kevin O'Connor beat Ayyadurai by a margin of 60 percent to 40 percent.

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I missed this one when it hit earlier in the week. For Mainers, this should be pretty big news.

“Sadly, I can no longer support Senator Susan Collins,” Jane Calderwood, who served under Snowe in both the House and the Senate for nearly two decades, wrote in an op-ed published by SeacoastOnline.com.

“She has proven unwilling to stand up to the President and too enamored of political power to speak up for the good people of Maine,” Calderwood added. “I am tired of hearing about how ‘concerned’ she is. These times demand strength and action and she has shown neither.”

Snowe, a centrist Republican, retired from the Senate in 2013 after three terms in the chamber. Collins is now the last remaining New England Republican in Congress.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Almost makes me want to move to the US and vote for her! Read the thead, please -- she sounds great!

• 2Like
Reactions: Cristalle and Free

Free

Nasty Hugs
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts