Did you get seeds in the mail you didn't order?

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Weird story.

All 50 states have now issued warnings about mysterious, unsolicited packages of seeds that people across the nation have received in the mail in recent weeks.

The packages appear to be coming from China, according to the US Department of Agriculture (USDA). Photos shared by state agriculture departments show packages marked with labeling from China Post, which operates the official postal service of China. Some of the labels also indicate that the packages contain jewelry, although inside is typically a packet of seeds in clear, plastic packaging.

Wang Wenbin, a spokesperson for China's foreign ministry, said at a briefing on Tuesday that the address labels were forged and that China Post has asked USPS to send those packages to China for investigation.

danielravennest

SLU Posts

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Even though it probably wasn’t sent by the Chinese govt for nefarious reasons as explained in the Guardian, it does make you think on how easy one could damage another area/country if they wanted to.

We knew a pandemic was going to eventually happen yet most governments weren’t prepared.

Zaida Gearbox

Did we know it was going to happen eventually, or did we have too much faith in things like modern medicine and having running water in houses for good hygiene? I remember at the beginning of all of this when they were just stressing the importance of washing your hands. I forget why I looked it up, but I looked up how polio is transmitted and was stunned to find that polio could have been a big nothing burger if people had just properly washed their fucking hands. I knew then that we were screwed. It doesn't matter that we have indoor plumbing and all that other good stuff if people don't wash their hands properly - and most people don't -we're fucked.

Tigar

A Most Inappropriate Tigar 🐯
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts
Every time we see this story the word "triffids" pops into our head & we wonder if that was a real thing or just something we imagined.
Just because you imagined it doesn’t mean it wasn’t real.

PS. Pancakes 🥞

• 1Like
Reactions: RealVioletWitch

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I got some seeds that were not marked, I planted them in a pot to see what they were. The problem is, I order tons of seeds online that are exotic because I live in a tropical area and like to experiment. So if suddenly you hear that Florida had become "Day of the Triffids", well, it probably started in my yard. 🌱👀👽

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Are the seeds edible?

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Doesn't matter whether you spit or swallow, they're still demon seeds. So don't put them in your mouth. :cthulhu:
Don't even touch them! The seeds could have seeds...

• 1Agree
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The tested seeds, which came with Chinese labels but were not confirmed to be from China, are for herbs, vegetables and flowers.

USDA official Osama El-Lissy said the seeds included mint, sage, cabbage and roses, among other plants. El-Lissy said the USDA had only tested a sampling of seeds collected from surprised recipients.