Did you get any great deals in the Black Friday sales?

Benjamin Opel

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
March, 2010
SLU Posts
I bought an Xmas gift - some perfume discounted at 30% which I'm pleased about.... but, it was a little bit of a nightmare buying it, my browser crashed on my phone when I hit the 'Order now' button - so my order was hanging there... phoned Paypal and the company and confirmed that the order did go through, but after about an hour later lol.

I'm surprised SL didn't have a Black Friday deal on premium/land tier. Did any SL merchants put offers on their in-world creations?

Fauve Aeon

🌽🐍Mostly Jellicle...🐍🌽
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Not sure of date/postcount
I splashed a bit of cash on virtual things. The Madpea feed-a-smile raffles, a merchant membership here, a bunch of planet themed Xmas ornaments at Tannenbaum and an animated baby Krampus that I plan on wearing with a full alpha. Tomorrow I’ll hit the Lolita event and Azul and on Monday any leftover SL cyber-sales. Much cheaper and easier than rl shopping, I can do it in my jammies and there’s no hassle with traffic. 🦋

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Generally I just buy movies on Black Friday, because they feel like the only thing actually on sale.

I picked up Deadpool 2, Ready Player One, Jumanji, Legion Season 1, John Wick 2, Jurassic World 2, Game of Thrones S5, Star Wars Solo on that front.

I also bought an Echo Dot and an SD card.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
No. I'm grading all weekend.

Veritable Quandry

Specializing in derails and train wrecks.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
20something
SLU Posts
I did go to a couple of stores today during the Ohio State-Michigan game. Columbus is like a ghost town for a few hours.

Free

I'm taking your cows
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
My only Black Friday sale item, a PS4 slim bundle (xmas gift for myself!), was ordered online about a week before, and the shipping is delayed until Monday.

But it still counts, right?

Noodles

Queen of Ramen
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
Likewise. I spent Black Friday binge-watching Star Trek Voyager episodes. There was no way in hell I was going to go out into that craziness!
Maybe it's my area, but Walmart wasn't anywhere near as crazy as it has been previous years.

Granted, I went like 2 hours after the "opening" at 6. There wasn't anymore people than normal and they still had some of the "deals" items the next day when I went to get some regular house supplies stuff. In fact I think it was busier at like 2 Friday than 8 Thursday.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
I have been picking up some digital copies of movies this week .... some great deals out there.
Teen Titans Go to the Movies
Isle of Dogs
Blade Runner the final Cut
Flatliners (the new one)
The Secret Life of Pets
Real Genius (in HD as I think I already had it in SD somewhere)
Cosmos: a Spacetime Odyssey season 1 (5$ for HD of this? not much thought there!)

Fluttercat

I have my own real world business and have a sale running (started right before Black Friday). I've had more traffic than previous years but people don't seem to be spending as much. I also have a Christmas fair thingy this weekend. Hopefully people there will be in a more spendy mood.

Puretone

Still Pancakes alt (Roxy Couturier)
Joined SLU
Feb 2011
SLU Posts
Nothing on Black Friday, but on Thursday morning after work, I got the very last package of stuffing in Walmart. (After I'd overheard a couple looking for the same thing.) I count that as a great deal :p

Knutz Scorpio

SL Rez
Joined SLU
02-15-2014
Got 4 spam emails within an hour from the same online store, in addition to all the other spam. :anger:

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
3 UDemy classes for a total of 20$, a bunch of really useful boxes to put all my chain mail rings in.... I think that's all.

Rose Karuna

It's cold, Xerdan is wearing a hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I got a good deal on an espresso maker for my husband. After I saw a manual one in Italy blow up on a glass top stove :eek: (which is what I currently have), I decided that the one we have should go in the trash and he should use one that can shut off on it's own.

My husband is a bit like Professor Farnsworth in Futurama, good intentions but tends to be distracted easily and it's good to have things around the house that shut themselves off. :geek:

• 1OMG!
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
i saw a bluetooth sound bar on sale at amazon discounted to 20 dollars. i've been wanting to get one for my tv for a while now so i bought it. the day of delivery i got an email saying there was a problem and the package was lost and that i should contact them...i spoke with a person via support chat about how i was sad and wanted to get a replacement.. but she couldn't find anymore so instead i got an amazon gift card for 20 dollars... Very next day i got an email from UPS saying your package will be delivered today.... so now i have a sound bar i got for free and a 20 amazon giftcard.. :)

Last edited:

nateboussad

I got the Hp Omen 32" 1440p monitor for $255 after tax. I used a $25 off coupon, picked up a couple more from the store today if you want to cancel and re-order with the code. Let me know...

Also picked up an EVGA 750W G3 PSU for $70, and a Dewalt 20V string trimmer combo w/5Ah battery and string for $152 after tax. Kinda mad I missed out on the i7-7700k + MSI z270 mobo + 2 game combo for $290 after $40MIR... Oh well, I'll keep searching for a good CPU deal. I can get the 7700k alone for $250 right now, but I'll wait for Cyber Monday.

Pnr Status TextNow VPN

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer