WTF Did LL break TP invites?

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
Recently I starterd experiencing the following problem: If you get sent a teleport invite but the inviting person moved on I often instead get stuck in TP limbo and return to where I started after approximatly 3 minutes if blacked out screen. This is kind of reproducable for me, I wonder now if others are affected too.

Wesleytron

Joined SLU
08-11-2014
SLU Posts
Recently I starterd experiencing the following problem: If you get sent a teleport invite but the inviting person moved on I often instead get stuck in TP limbo and return to where I started after approximatly 3 minutes if blacked out screen. This is kind of reproducable for me, I wonder now if others are affected too.
It's been doing that to me for as long as I can remember.

If I don't respond to a TP request right away, I get stuck in TP limbo when I do respond just like you say. But it's nothing new, not for me anyway.

• 1Agree
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Fionalein and Clara D.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
It's been doing that to me for as long as I can remember.

If I don't respond to a TP request right away, I get stuck in TP limbo when I do respond just like you say. But it's nothing new, not for me anyway.
It seems to work forever as long as the person inviting you does not leave the sim maybe that was always the case in the times I waited ages and still had a successful TP.

Bea McMahon

Sister Jazz
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
This makes sense, really; resident ID is probably part of what it is looking for. TP request is saying "join me here" - the software has to know who "me" is as well as where "here" is.