second life Dev Kit TMP

ThorRay

I'm looking for the maker kit for clothes for the old TMP body, if anyone has it and wants to share it with me, I'm really in need, both the feminine kit and the men's kit.

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I'm sorry, I can't help with your question.

But... I'm hoping, since you seem into TMP technology, that you know if anyone is providing any kind of support for TMP bodies and clothes and will share that information. In the last two months or so, the StyleMode HUD has ceased functioning. I've begun to suspect that to use the HUD, they have to phone home somehow and that home server has disappeared with the store for TMP products. The net effect is that for bodies and clothes, I can no longer make any changes except to avatar shape and that is limited (no changing heels, for example). :(

Thank you.

• 1Hug
Reactions: bubblesort

Clara D.

(>_O)
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I thought TMP turned into TheShops/Meshbody and the "Classic" is backwards-compatible with clothing, but otherwise support for TMP went POOF. Or something.

I could be wrong, I could never get past the glowing store and the laggy AF HUD-based shopping to try.

Meshbody kits signup: Create A Mesh | Meshbody.com

My advice would be to switch to one of the creators that doesn't do tricksy things like switching names and dumping support.

Last edited:
  • 1Agree
Reactions: bubblesort

bubblesort

IIRC, the TMP body has never had a way to apply to get a dev kit. You were either connected enough to have it or you weren't, I guess. TMP is one of the weirdest operations in SL.

I hate to say it, but... if it really is abandonware, the pirates might start ripping it and redistributing versions that actually work, and maybe even maintain it. It would be like how ROM pirates make old nintendo ROMs work on Windows 7, then 8, then 10, and so on. That would be interesting to see. A fully free and open, high quality mesh body could change a lot of things in SL. It's happened before. Remember when Open Collar took over the market niche that Amethyst collars once had?

• 1Like
Reactions: Govi

Sheera Khan

Mostly lurking
SL Rez
There would be the Ruth (female) and Roth (male) project for that - fully open source and legal! No ripping required :) If only some creators would do clothes for that, but fortunately it is close enough to Maitreya Lara, so most clothes fit sufficiently well ;-)

Link to location for Ruth and Roth:

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Stora