Status
Not open for further replies.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I saw this mentioned on twitter. WTF is he thinking?
He's made a fortune off coffee and everyone who works for him agrees that he's a genius. Of COURSE he can fix our problems.

• 1LOL
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
He's made a fortune off coffee and everyone who works for him agrees that he's a genius. Of COURSE he can fix our problems.
The last thing we need is an outsider from the business sector who thinks they are wile e. coyote (unless they have a couple nobels or something of course). The only thing worse is one running as a centrist indy.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
If Schultz reads his Twitter feed he might think twice, every tweet about his campaign ideas gets ratioed up the wazooo.
Gillibrand is my junior state senator, but she was one of those that the Ask Taken under the bus, so I'm not wild about her.
And if Willie Brown has said anything himself he hasn't read it, but Twitter told are due throwing his name around at Kamala. Like this should make a difference? Whatever happened the Orange and a lot of the Rs have done worse.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Kaimi Kyomoon

Han Held

Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Oh, yes she is.

Because of this: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/29/politics/kamala-harris-medicare-for-all-divides-democrats/index.html

She has already started backtracking and is "supporting multiple paths to Medicare for All," aka, no Medicare for All but propping up the ACA.

On Tuesday night, a campaign spokesman for Ms. Harris said she still supports and prefers the elimination of private insurers, but also noted that she had previously backed other bills that are alternates to “Medicare for all” that would preserve some role for the insurance industry. A Harris spokeswoman also emphasized on Twitter that this comment did not mean Ms. Harris was bending on “Medicare for all.”
Kamala Harris and Michael Bloomberg Clash on Medicare for All
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/29/politics/kamala-harris-medicare-for-all-eliminate-private-insurers-backlash/index.html

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Personally: my feeling is that if you took Medicare as it is today (sans dental, vision, etc.) with its 80% coverage and expanded that coverage to everyone, we as a nation would still be better off by a country mile. I am okay with a role for secondary insurance, as long as it includes a standardized set of supplemental plans, like what exists today. To me, this is somewhere where you can compromise and appease the diehard capitalists, and doctors who want to charge a premium above Medicare rates. A robust secondary market allows for some flexibility. What I would love to see is the complete elimination of Medicare Advantage plans. Those are a gyp. So if Kamala Harris is fine with something like this, I won't be offended. Would it be nicer to have expanded Medicare, including dental and vision? Yes. But if there is room to compromise, this is the first way that I would find acceptable.

I'm not okay with merely propping up the ACA. The ACA still sucks. I have a subsidy but I consider this to only be a catastrophic plan because the deductible is so high that I don't use it beyond the bare minimum. If I had traditional Medicare, it would be better and more accessible because I could afford the lower deductible and then deal with the coinsurance as needed. And depending on the cost, I perhaps would get a supplement.

Status
Not open for further replies.