Democratic Party Presidential Candidates for 2020

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
Then unsubscribe.
Perspective, Cristalle -it's a thing.

I'm not going to let annoying fundraising crap push me into withdrawing my support for fighting income inequality etc. Having a jackass for a campaign manager isn't gonna outweigh the fact I support Sanders and his platform.

[ETA] I get these emails because I donate to the campaign, so it goes with the territory.

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
I ran into one conversation where a group of anarchists were saying how good it was to *not* vote and people should not look down on those who chose not to. I responded that I would continue to look down on people not voting *unless* there was some reason, any reason (systemic issue, disability, disenfranchisement, etc) standing in the way. They still complained about it, saying some people had a systemic issue and I was judging what issues were valid and what not. I told them to re-read my stance. They refused to (of course) and now said I was putting down native americans (WTH). I laughed and said I had multiple good friends at Pine Ridge Reservation (not also mentioning I have NA friends off of it, more than a shelf's worth of books including a huge Lakota dictionary, donate to native charities all the time, etc), who would call me out if I even thought of doing that. They then accused me of using the minority friend defence. I gave up, blocked a few things, and defriendings happened.

I looked in later and they were all giving each other compliments for scaring off the big bad whoever. The most annoying thing was the biggest offender in that entire episode was someone who I had stood up for even when we did not 100% agree.
Yep, I've encountered this many many times, going back at least thirty years. Always "anarchists" too, or at least frequently is.

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
Perspective, Cristalle -it's a thing.

I'm not going to let annoying fundraising crap push me into withdrawing my support for fighting income inequality etc. Having a jackass for a campaign manager isn't gonna outweigh the fact I support Sanders and his platform.

[ETA] I get these emails because I donate to the campaign, so it goes with the territory.
You don't have to withdraw your support, you just donate when you want to. If you donate monthly and that's all you can afford, then unsub and keep your donation going. And if you want to donate extra, do it. But if it pisses you off to get the latest scaremongering email, then just unsub. I mean, what are you really missing?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Han Held

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
You don't have to withdraw your support, you just donate when you want to. If you donate monthly and that's all you can afford, then unsub and keep your donation going. And if you want to donate extra, do it. But if it pisses you off to get the latest scaremongering email, then just unsub. I mean, what are you really missing?
That's pretty much what i'm doing now. I've unsubscribed from Actblue a couple of times, but when I donate they re-subscribe me; so at this point I say "fuck it".

• 1Hug
Reactions: Cristalle

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Yep, I've encountered this many many times, going back at least thirty years. Always "anarchists" too, or at least frequently is.
Generally I write anarchists off as mostly 20-somethings, typically rebelling for one reason or another. I classify them as 'mostly harmless' and agree to disagree with them on a lot of stuff. During this they were just downright annoying and clannish.

Han Held

Joined SLU
September, 2010
SLU Posts
I haven't watched the video, but I'd expect them to have some sort of relationship, all things being equal. That doesn't really change my mind about her (if Bernie wasn't in the race, I'd probably be supporting her).

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I still think Hillary Clinton would have won the 2016 election if she'd chosen Elizabeth Warren as her VP. Their two appearance together were electric. Warren has a much warmer touch and history that would have energized the exact voting blocs that Clinton lost. I wasn't all that keen on Clinton, but soooo much better than Trump.....

Cristalle

Lady of the House
SL Rez
Joined SLU
July 8, 2008
SLU Posts
I haven't watched the video, but I'd expect them to have some sort of relationship, all things being equal. That doesn't really change my mind about her (if Bernie wasn't in the race, I'd probably be supporting her).
You need to watch the video. Everyone would expect some sort of relationship but the discussion is much more robust than that. I am not going to post transcripts because they're terribly difficult to make into an easy-to-read format.

Lianne Marten

Cheese Baron
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 18 2007
SLU Posts

Richest Could Lose Hundreds of Billions Under Warren's Wealth Tax

Billionaires such as Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett could have collectively lost hundreds of billions of dollars in net worth over decades if presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren’s wealth tax plan had been in effect -- and they had done nothing to avoid it.

That’s according to calculations in a new paper by two French economists, who helped her devise the proposed tax on the wealthiest Americans.

The top 15 richest Americans would have seen their net worth decline by more than half to $433.9 billion had Warren’s plan been in place since 1982, according to the paper by University of California, Berkeley professors Emmanuel Saez and Gabriel Zucman.