Delete an unposted message but it comes back

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
I'm finding that this forum seems to remember a draft post even if they aren't posted and are instead deleted.

I write something, decide against posting it delete it and move on. Some time later I go to respond to another post in the same thread and as I hit the 'reply' button my unposted draft appears in the edit box just above the newly quoted post.

So sometimes I end up posting something which includes a draft of something else I chose not to post and I have to edit it out of the post. Assuming I notice it in time.

Anyone else getting that?

• 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I'm finding that this forum seems to remember a draft post even if they aren't posted and are instead deleted.

I write something, decide against posting it delete it and move on. Some time later I go to respond to another post in the same thread and as I hit the 'reply' button my unposted draft appears in the edit box just above the newly quoted post.

So sometimes I end up posting something which includes a draft of something else I chose not to post and I have to edit it out of the post. Assuming I notice it in time.

Anyone else getting that?
You have to delete the draft by clicking on the disk icon near the far right end of the toolbar and selecting "delete draft". Otherwise it remembers what you've typed even if you delete the text. I found that out recently.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Yup. I've gotten used to cleaning up after myself on this forum before wandering away from a thread.

Kamilah Hauptmann

Shitpost Sommelier
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Reluctantly
You have to delete the draft by clicking on the disk icon near the far right end of the toolbar and selecting "delete draft". Otherwise it remembers what you've typed even if you delete the text. I found that out recently.
And here I've been typing in a single .

Might continue too, less keystrokes and easier on a mobile.

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Tigger

not on speaking terms with the voices in my head
Of course! Click the universal 'save' icon for deletion, wonder why I never tried that?

But sarcasm aside, thanks, that's useful to know

• 2Agree
Reactions: Aki and Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I hate runny-ass poached eggs, so I think Loathing would be better than Cranky with them.
I don't have access to the toast reaction. So I gave you a taco.

• 1Beer
Reactions: Clara D.