Creative and Positive Covid Coping Stories

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I posted about a business that came up with a new model to support families doing online learning due to Covid...

How COVID-19 is affecting society

And then I thought, sure it's fun to poke fun of antimaskers, shake our head at the latest from POTUS, and watching that count of deaths can't be something we get accustomed to, but there are also Environmental benefits of the shut down, creative business solutions, companies retooling, people helping their neighbours... sunshine and rainbow stuff.

Sometimes we just need those positive stories, you know? So I made this thread.

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
OK so this isn't really "news" but thought I'd share.

The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History offers virtual tours and interesting Webinars. Virtual Tour | Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

Odds are I'd never get an opportunity to go to the Smithsonian, but it never occurred to me to tour museums virtually until Covid. Turns out all kinds of museums do this, even the Louvre. I'm going to virtually travel to more places this year than I ever would have without Covid. This weekend, the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel.

Famous Museums and Attractions Like the Louvre Are Offering Free Virtual Tours

2,500 Museums You Can Now Visit Virtually

Last edited:

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Many of the restaurants around here have created outdoor dining areas, so we can go to our favorite eateries and still be at least somewhat socially-distanced. Daytime dining may not be much fun in 110 degree heat, but after the sun goes down, it becomes more bearable. I went with my sister to Applebee's last week, and it was actually a pleasant experience.