Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
SL viewer

Firestorm

It is slightly different in Firestorm as they replaced the texture tab with their own, though I was able to figure it out following along with the original tutorial a few days ago.

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
So I'm having a bit of a problem with this. Once I create it, (selecting reflection in features), I can no longer select the object after that, for example, if I want to move it or take it back into my inventory. The only way I can get rid of it is to go into build, then region objects and then use "take" to bring it back into my inventory.

Noodles

☑️
SL Rez
Joined SLU
04-28-2010
SLU Posts
So I'm having a bit of a problem with this. Once I create it, (selecting reflection in features), I can no longer select the object after that, for example, if I want to move it or take it back into my inventory. The only way I can get rid of it is to go into build, then region objects and then use "take" to bring it back into my inventory.
I think there is a setting in the build menu (at the top) options, you have to use so reflectors can be selected.

I imagine it's because they often consume an entire space and would make it impossible to select anything else since you would always be "inside" it.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Reflection probes are not selectable by default after they are placed. On the Build menu, under Options, there is Select Reflection Probes, then you can click on it.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Rose Karuna

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Something that tripped me up the second time I did a mirror is I forgot the step on the reflection probe where you have to change the type of the probe to mirror (real time? - I am not in world atm). I couldn't figure out why it worked the first time but not the second. Still, the implementation is stupid! So much effort when there should have just been a selection for mirror on the texture properties.