VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Never heard of them until now, and reading Casey's description I don't think I missed out on a lot.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Beebo Brink

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
(Warning: auto-play video)

The efficacy of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine against moderate to severe/critical Covid-19 across all geographic areas was 66.9% at least 14 days after the single-dose vaccination and 66.1% at least 28 days after vaccination, according to the analysis, which is meant to brief the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee.
Not great numbers, however...
"There were no specific safety concerns identified in subgroup analyses by age, race, ethnicity, medical comorbidities, or prior SARS-CoV-2 infection," the analysis said.
Even better...
“We know this vaccine prevents 85 percent of the severe disease … It was 100 percent effective in preventing hospitalization and deaths, and that’s really what’s important,” said Nancy M. Bennett, a professor of medicine and public health sciences at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry. “Those facts are the most important thing to recognize.”
It's also a single dose vaccine.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
(Warning: auto-play video)

Not great numbers, however...

Even better...

It's also a single dose vaccine.
I heard that on the car radio in the way home. I'm not going to take a chance on that one. Whatever they consider the immportant thing to consider, the important thing for me to consider is that my endocrinologist told me that if I get COVID I'd get very sick.
Maybe the J&J vaccine will do for people who aren't at extra risk, IDK.
I'm not going near it, it's an mRNA vaccine for me.

• 1Like
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Pamela and Myradyl Muse

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I heard that on the car radio in the way home. I'm not going to take a chance on that one. Whatever they consider the immportant thing to consider, the important thing for me to consider is that my endocrinologist told me that if I get COVID I'd get very sick.
Maybe the J&J vaccine will do for people who aren't at extra risk, IDK.
I'm not going near it, it's an mRNA vaccine for me.
I'll take anything, its better than nothing, which is what my high risk butt has right now. I am fully expecting that masks will be the new norm, but it would be nice to not worry -so- much.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Never heard of them until now, and reading Casey's description I don't think I missed out on a lot.
I guess it would depend on which location you were near, but when I lived in San Diego, I loved going to the Fry's there. It was awesome! I went there a lot for my computer or household electronic needs, especially when I needed to build a new computer. Sadly, I don't live near one now, but its loss will still be missed.

• 1Thanks
Reactions: Sid

Casey Pelous

Senior Discount
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
February, 2011
SLU Posts
In their day, they were a pretty great store for computers and electronic stuff. They had a huge section of computer-related books and magazines, another huge section of programs, and yet another of games, not to mention their CD section. There was hi-fi gear, DVD players, and about four long aisles of computer accessories.

There was even a little lunch-counter style restaurant where you could eat lunch, if you were very, very brave. (I declined the opportunity, TYVM.)

Saturdays and Sundays were insane there, with massive amounts of high-ticket merch going out the door as fast as a dozen checkout clerks could ring it up.

Of course, almost all that tech is ancient and obsolete now, but they never really updated the stores. They should have been one of the stores that got a huge boost from the home office boom, but Amazon, NewEgg, and Best Buy beat them handily, mostly because Fry's seemed to be utterly incapable of building a modern, useful web site. It almost seems like their management subscribed to some wacky notion that web commerce was a passing fad.

Last time I was in the Fry's up here, the lights were pretty much all out. That's not figurative; I mean the lights in the store were literally switched off, with just enough light to navigate. I figured that was my last visit there, and I turned out to be right.

And now, we return you to news about The Vaccine.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
This story smells a bit like propaganda to me to be honest, to justify that the UK gets their share of the produced vaccines again, while the EU faces yet another delay in the upcoming months.
Why on earth would the EU be not amused about yet another delay if they weren't using them?

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
This story smells a bit like propaganda to me to be honest, to justify that the UK gets their share of the produced vaccines again, while the EU faces yet another delay in the upcoming months.
Why on earth would the EU be not amused about yet another delay if they weren't using them?
The story is entirely about what various EU politicians, government officials, and public health authorities have said about the subject.

If it's not true, it's not true, but it beats me why they're all saying it is.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Because they are asked.
But why on earth asks such things when not have an agenda for it?
It is not real news worthy for the UK market, other than looking to show the greatness of the UK's NHS as comparison and to justify yet another non delivery to the EU. The time when this article is published is to obvious IMHO to be only news.
So a bit propaganda.
As you often said about Brexit news in the British papers: Mainly for internal use.

And yes, AstraZeneca has a popularity problem in the EU in some countries.
If I had a free choice, I would not have taken it either. Not because i think their vaccine is not good enough, but they are playing dirty trickery games with the EU IMHO.
So I'm a bit worried if a jab will be available when my second one is due in May.

Last edited:
  • 1Thanks
Reactions: Innula Zenovka

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I guess I will be in all the newspapers, news and talk shows all over the world in no time, if so.
So just keep patiently an eye on the news.
When the doctor saw I answered the question if I'm pregnant with 'not sure', she had a good laugh and then she said she would alter it in "not likely".