Covenant Dispute

Kimba

Weezles Real-Estate Scam!

That's WEEZLES, otherwise known as WRE, for Weezles Real Estate
Proprieters: Katya Dirval and Acidelic Weezles

I have two issues. Weezles Real Estate (Acidicelic Weezles and Katya Dirval) is renting 150% of their land by a new scam. They take your rent money, then sniff around looking for any thing they can call a rule-violation, so they can site their rules as justifying evicting you with no refund of rent. I've seen them rent the same parcel four times in a day, since they pulled this scam on me.

[12:36:32] Katya Dirval: Okay :) I have over 1k regions, add it up genius. I did not steal from you, you broke the covenant, you then forfeited your tier by doing so. Sad, really sad. I feel very bad for you honestly.
[11:55:08] Katya Dirval: All LL cares about its the 250,000 USD i pay them a month honestly.
[12:38:13] Acidelic Weezles: If you fight me about this, or report it to Linden, this will be bad for you 100%

I had a 1/4 sim, with 2000 prims put out, from one corner to the other, and 4 skyboxes. They returned all that as one object. They didn't even give me five minutes to pick my stuff up. One minute, I was sitting on lawn-chair, enjoying what I though was my new home, and suddenly I was at an infor hub, without so much as a howdy-do.

Is there anywhere free that I can rezz this mess, and detangle it?

Last edited:

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez
I had a 1/4 sim, with 2000 prims put out, from one corner to the other, and 4 skyboxes. They returned that they returned as one object. Is there anywhere free that I can rezz this thing, and detangle it?
Are trees inside?

Kimba

The more I think about it, I should probably be grateful. If she is spending $250,000 every month, she is almost single-handedly keeping SL afloat. I am almost ready to keep paying her 2100L for no land, every week, to do my part toward saving SL.

• 1lolwut?
Reactions: Jopsy Pendragon

Kimba

I wanted my residence to have the theme of a clubhouse, for the sake of nostalgia, from when I was playing ponygirl-polo and my team was Appaloosa. So I called the land Appaloosa Polo Private Clubhouse, and I had a flagpole with a flag that had an appaloosa horse, and a trophy on my fireplace-mantle. He said I had to change the name, and get rid of the flagpole and the trophy. I said, "It's not a club, or a clubhouse, it's just named that. If I hang a sign on my door in real-time that says 'Flying-W', does it magically change my apartment into a ranch. Anybody can have a flagpole on their house and a trophy on their fireplace, it doesn't make it a clubhouse. Since it's adult-residential, can I to change the name to Fuck-Off&Die?"

They evicted me for "disrespecting" the staff, because, in Katya's judgment, it was not a legitimate question, but an insult.

Acidic said that Linden ToS says that you rent from private-renters "at your own risk", so he can do whatever he wants. It seems his right, because I didn't even get the usual form-letter from Linden saying they are looking into it. But the fact of the matter is, it's easy to cost him more than 2200 in lost business with just a bad-review on his marketplace-ad. So they are really just being vindictive.

NeoBokrug Elytis

Thread Reaper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
As much as I hate to say it, you've gotta remember it is *their* estate. If they ask you to make changes to your build or parcel citing their covenant and you want to still stay there, it's best to comply. If you don't like it, just take your money to a different estate that'll cater to your needs. Lord knows there's a bojillion estates without covenants. In all technicality you were in breach of their covenant in their eyes, and they asked you to make changes before actually kicking you out because you got argumentative. Is it a PITA to move? Yeah. But I don't think being angry at your virtual landlord for enforcing their covenant is really going to accomplish anything. Linden Lab will literally do nothing about it.

Trying to stir up a personal army to leave negative reviews on their MP listings here on the forums is a bit petty and manipulative considering the biased way you presented your argument. You're not going to win over any forum regulars with that ask.

I am a landlord in SL and while I have less than 1000 regions, I've been doing it for almost 15 years now. I have a long history of being a "good" landlord according to my residents, but that doesn't mean I'll let people be abusive to me, my estate managers, or in some cases my residents. I have instantly banned visitors for being twatwaffles and I am a tad more lenient with my residents. If they're angry we can usually talk it out, but if they abuse my estate managers they're gone.

Kimba

but that doesn't mean I'll let people be abusive to me, my estate managers, or in some cases my residents. I have instantly banned visitors for being twatwaffles and I am a tad more lenient with my residents. If they're angry we can usually talk it out, but if they abuse my estate managers they're gone.
I will have to make sure I don't rent from you either. Negotiating is not disrespect, unless you are The Donald. A covenant is a two-way agreement, and they are obligated to honor their part of it, same as me. Except they are not obligated, and they know they are not, and they don't even have to try, when it is much more profitable to just kick people for no valid reason, and steal their money. All I asked for is refund of the weekly-rent, that I had paid mere hours before. And I promised them, if they do not pay it, I will cost them more money than that. And I don't need any army from here to do it. I only takes one bad-review to cost them one customer, and they have lost the 2200L, and then some. I am going to stuff these losses down their arrogant-throats for as long as they stay in business, to deter them from ripping-off other people.

Last edited:

NeoBokrug Elytis

Thread Reaper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
Negotiating is not disrespect, unless you are The Donald.
I didn't say negotiating, I said abuse. You may disagree with me, but don't twist my words.

(eta) And if the covenant says no refunds, no refunds. The covenant is non-negotiable. You have to review it before you get the land, now you're complaining about it after the fact.

Kimba

You tried to characterize what I said as abuse. I corrected it. I was negotiating. Katya Dirval thought she could read my mind too. If there was some check on your divine-power, you might have to provide customer-service, and give the customer the benefit of the doubt. As for the "evict without refund" clause, I expected it would be for flagrant rule-breaking, not because the landlord needs to take a laxative.

• 1Eye Roll
Reactions: Spirits Rising

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
When I was dealing with tenants, I would also have banned someone for the sentence in question to a staff member. The rest of what you said may well be true and they may be extremely shady landlords. That doesn't make it ok to talk to someone like that.

NeoBokrug Elytis

Thread Reaper
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sept 2007
SLU Posts
You tried to characterize what I said as abuse.
You're right. I did. I'll own that, because in my opinion what you were doing was abusive. To present the estate manager with the hypothetical of changing the land name to "Fuck-Off&Die" really isn't a hypothetical or even passive aggressive, you are telling them to fuck off and die. You think you're being clever trying to present it as a hypothetical, when in actuality you're just being manipulative to the people giving you a second chance to adhere to the covenant.

Are there bad estates in SL who take advantage of people? Absolutely. I had asked you what part of the covenant you broke, because I honestly wanted to hear another story about a terrible estate in Second Life. While I think what they did was a little petty, it's still fully within their rights if they cite portions of the covenant and enforce it -- even if you don't agree with it. Based on your experience, I personally probably wouldn't recommend them to anyone I know who didn't want my irradiated sand on that alone. But I do think you're overrating, and you should at least look at it as a learned lesson. In all honesty I am interested in hearing their perspective from their side.

A covenant of an estate basically lays out the expectations of the tenant, and the rights of the estate owner if you don't meet those expectations. You can't really get land on someone else's estate without agreeing to it. I have no idea what their covenant looks like, so I'll speak for my own covenant. Mine may seem a bit strict and long-winded, but I tend to interpret it as the spirit of the document. I've even have a "don't rez shit by these content ripping creators" clause. But I know for a fact that shit happens that will never really be accounted for by what someone puts down in a covenant, so I will try to pick the most fair thing for everyone.

Even before covid, probably the most common thing I'm lenient about is paying tier on time. As long as people contact me to let me know their situation, I can wait a little longer. If people don't have their land in the theme of the estate, I'll talk with them about it. If they have ripped mesh on their land, I'll talk with them about it. If we talk about it and they say their going to change their land name to "Fuck-Off&Die" -- I'd still probably talk about it; but my willingness to be as lenient or as helpful would be severely diminished. And depending on my mood you might get banned instead, unfortunately I'm only human.

Ayesha

Another estate owner here. It does sound like they were being harsh. If I or my estate manager had seen this title on the land, we would have just checked in to find out if you were opening a club and let you know that clubs are not allowed on that particular region. If you said you were not opening a club, we would leave it be, maybe just pop onto the region a little more often to make sure you were not having huge groups of avatars on the land. If you did want to have a club, we could transfer your rent to another region that would allow it.

People opening clubs on residential land is a huge problem, but there’s a right way and a wrong way to handle it. They went about it the wrong way. With that said, your response was also inappropriate and I don’t really blame them for kicking you out after that. You lost your moral high ground. You’ve posted your story here now so people can find out how strict this landlord is if they are thinking about renting, but I suggest moving on now. You’re talking about being out about 10 bucks, I know the economy is tough but that is not a lot of money. You’re just wasting your time and energy on something that is not worth it. Believe me I know, been there, done that.

Katya Dirval

Hi everyone :) I would just like to clarify all this b.s. First yes Kimba was evicted from one of my parcel regions due to her fuck off and die comment to my staff member. I have 0 tolerance for disrespect to my staff. I did however give her a chance to change the simple land description name from not saying club. It is a residential only region and nothing commercial is allowed. I had two other renters complain saying they had stripper poles and club in their land title. To make the other renters feel better, i simply asked my staff to ask her to please remove club from the title but the pole was no issue. Her reply back was the can i rename to fuck off and die? I said nope but you can now rename to evicted with no refund. She has made many threats, is messaging my renters in the main group, placing bogus reviews on my mp ads so i had to remove those, harassing my husband who did NOT say what she posted, and now here. She says she will keep harassing me until i refund her 10 usd. I have had WRE since 2008 with very many regions. I have helped many people , businesses and resellers get on their feet. I do not over charge and i never steal or rip anyone off. This is just a person who thought she could get away with disrespecting my staff and have SL back her against my company. I never reply to posts like this or even bother to feed the trolls but this has gone to a point that now i have LL involved due to the extent of her harassment when all she had to do was simply remove the words club from her land so her neighbors stopped complaining. Thank you everyone who read this through, i appreciate the time you took to read it. I thank those above who also can understand why i terminated her. She is a very rude and toxic individual. Stay safe everyone.

Kellan

Hello all. I have worked for WRE for YEARS, when we were just 300 sims. we are now over 700 sims. I've worked off and on there (sometimes we all need a break from sl) for roughly 9 years. I know that said "lady", Kimba did not have Katya tell her she had over 1000 sims nor Acid saying it would be against you. Katya knows exactly how many sims she has, for one. For two, Acid would not reply to a complaint, he would let Katya as she is the one in there every day working and dealing with us Estate managers and clients. Once Acid and Katya got married, she started to do this.

The other issue here is that we did ask her to simply change the title as clubs were not allowed on the sim and remove anything major (like tip jars) off. We do not have any land that allows regular clubs. We have adult land that allows adult clubs. It's simply a choice that was made due to how often the EM's had to fix issues from griefing on those sims, and dealing with others leaving because of that type of thing.

I take personal offense when someone tells me to fuck off and die. I am a lady first and foremost. I am a United States Veteran. I treat others how I want to be treated. I do not have a thick skin. I have to deal with people getting snippy and shitty at times. I don't mind. But what exactly was the point of someone saying something like that to people just trying to do their job ? That is completely disrespectful and was said to get a reaction. Well she got one. It was another EM that contacted her and was told this statement, but I was informed right away as I am the General Manager.

Katya has been dedicated to her clients and this company for so long now. Only other estate owners will understand this, but it has been YEARS since she had a day off work. She is the only one that can do EM rights and the vast majority of our sims are full regions and homesteads. This woman that has made so many people happy by giving them their dream home doesn't deserve the meanness of this person or others. She even has logged in to take care of clients that need em rights, on the days she has given birth!!!!! If that is not dedication and trying to make the clients happy I don't know what is.

I do feel sorry for the "lady" that speaks in such a manner to people she has never spoken to before, that she feels the need to do so. I can understand being upset that you have to change things, but it is not OUR FAULT that she didn't want to comply with the covenant that she agreed to before she even paid for the land. I have to say, I would be ashamed and embarrased to have to admit that I acted so poorly like she has done above. I hope she finds the peace that it seems she needs. In the meantime, I hope she searches her heart and asks herself honestly, if this is the type of behavorior you would be proud of your parents or children seeing of you. Hopefully it is not and the behavior will change.