Coup in the USA?

danielravennest

SLU Posts
I’ll feel safer when the conspiring Federal Representatives and Senators are arrested.
They are following standard organized crime investigation tactics. Slap the easiest-to-prove charge on people first (you were there because you are in a photo or video). Use that to get warrants to search their homes, credit card records, phones, social media, etc. Find out who they conspired with, and build higher level charges. Start offering plea deals to the small fish so they turn on bigger fish. Work up the ladder.

Unlike standard organized crime families, in this case the top people were very visible, so you can also start at the top and work your way down. The sheer number of people involved is probably why this will take a while.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Yes, and 28 states are going to see to it that millions of us will not be able to vote. I'd say remove the dirty people attempting to do that, but well, you know...that is what they are taking away from us, the right to remove them.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Lara Trump hints that Donald Trump might run for presidency in 2024 again.

edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/02/21/trump-cpac-republican-party-lara-fox-news-nr-vpx.cnn
If that guy isn't doing time in 2024, the USA is really doing something terribly wrong.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

More than 90% of the people charged in the riots so far are white, researchers at the Chicago Project on Security and Threats found. About 40% are business owners or have white collar jobs, the researchers found, and compared with previous rightwing extremists, relatively few of them were unemployed.

“There’s been this assumption that the most reactionary folks on the frontlines would be what’s often referred to as white working-class, but that’s of course not what we saw,” said Vanessa Wills, a political philosopher who studies the intersections of race and class. “The people who showed up are disproportionately small business owners.”
Wouldn't have surprised Marx, and it shouldn't surprise anyone familiar with late C19th and C20th European history, either.

Poujard.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts

Wouldn't have surprised Marx, and it shouldn't surprise anyone familiar with late C19th and C20th European history, either.

Poujard.
Poor people are less likely to have the time or resources to waste on this sort of thing - too busy trying to make ends meet, even if they buy into it. Least, was my experience when I was poor.