Coup in the USA?

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Been a while now (it was just last week!), but if you want lots more of the nitty gritty on the Coupers efforts in the Capitol building, @LiteraryMouse has you covered.

Fionalein

an old grumpy cat
SL Rez

bubblesort

If I was Trump, and I wanted maximum attention, while stealing Biden's thunder, I think I would fire my legal team, too. Trump is so crazy and attention starved, he might actually attempt to defend himself at the impeachment hearing. I think McConnell said the impeachment hearing is supposed to start an hour after Biden is inaugurated. That would be the most insane circus, and the media couldn't just not show it, like they did with his speech in Alamo.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Jolene Benoir

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
LOL, Trump is not going to pay Rudy. He should have seen this coming, since Trump famously stiffs everybody. I still almost feel bad for him, though. He's been working his ass off for Trump, he should get paid.

Not just working his ass off; he's completely debased himself, supported conspiracy theories he probably doesn't even personally believe, and burning what little political capital he still had left by attacking lifelong Republicans who wouldn't play along. He's ruined himself, personally and professionally. And now he's not even going to get paid.

I don't like this guy even a little bit, but like I've said before for some reason unlike with every other Trump proxy and stooge, when I see Rudy on TV I just feel strangely sad rather than angry or disgusted.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
LOL, Trump is not going to pay Rudy. He should have seen this coming, since Trump famously stiffs everybody. I still almost feel bad for him, though. He's been working his ass off for Trump, he should get paid.

The $20,000 / day he asked for seems rather excessive for being such a shitty lawyer. Then again, he and orangey have a special relationship and orangey doesn't have many legal friends nowadays.

Roxanne Blue

Una Mujer Fantastica
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2009
SLU Posts
The $20,000 / day he asked for seems rather excessive for being such a shitty lawyer. Then again, he and orangey have a special relationship and orangey doesn't have many legal friends nowadays.
I think that was predicated on Rudy never being able to get another job anywhere on the planet, and Rudy should be formally disbarred to help ensure that.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So, apparently both my congresscritter and my mom's gave seditionist tours on the 5th - can we please get rid of these assholes?

Besides, the smart thing to have done, if I'd done something like that, would have been to vote -for- impeachment.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
Been a while now (it was just last week!), but if you want lots more of the nitty gritty on the Coupers efforts in the Capitol building, @LiteraryMouse has you covered.

Thanks. A somewhat chilling read overall -- they are locked into a particularly cultish way of thinking (and I think the fixation on the tunnels under the Capitol comes from QAnon), with some comic elements