Coup in the USA?

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Jolene, I know it's a rhetorical question but it also assumes that these good ol' boys actually had ANY foresight whatsoever. They had to know, as you and I do as well as any other reasonaly-sane person, that mobbing the capitol building would have let loose a different kind of Kraken, one they couldn't even conceive of much less control.

You can assassinate, overthrow and wave all the guns around that you want but in order for there to be a real revolution you have to (a) understand how governing works; (b) grasp the true menace of what you're attempting to do and (c) count on enough of those in power to stand idly by while you wreck 140 years of democracy. It's a fool's errand.
They did release the real Kraken. It's 25,000 National Guard troops now setting up in D.C. to protect the Inauguration, to the point of having military trucks blocking the streets leading to the Capitol (I saw those on video today), and that's after the line of police cars blocking the streets farther from the building. So if you get past the cops, now you face the National Guard armed to the teeth. And before that there are cops at the Metro Stations, airport, etc. on the lookout for MAGA types. The state capitols are calling in state troopers, some local National Guard, etc. in case anyone wants to try something. There's now a command center for all the relevant agencies to share data, in some undisclosed but very secure location (i.e. Pentagon, NSA headquarters, FBI headquarters, like that).

Beyond the government response, there is now an army of volunteer white-hat hackers poring over all the available data, matching up photos with facebook pages and the like, and sending tips to the FBI. None of these "paintball militia" had any clue how much of a data trail they were leaving for people to follow afterwards. If I weren't so angry with them I be laughing my ass off.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Yeah "zip ties" in this case is slang for flexible plastic restraints of the type used by law enforcement to detain suspects. They're not arresting people for carrying freaking garbage bag ties.

Sean Gorham

Verti's Minion Again!
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
2007-09-27
SLU Posts
What is going on with that kid's nose?! It's above his eye!

Or is he cyclops and that's not his nose, it's his other ear?
It's Schoolhouse Rock and it was the 70s. Best not examine it too closely. o_O

Whatever happened to "Thou shallt not kill!" ?
Commandments are for the poors, silly!

Roxanne Blue

Una Mujer Fantastica
SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2009
SLU Posts

Pancake

Fluffer
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
To clarify my laugh, I don’t find this level of coordination funny. I find the fact they obviously don’t know how their tools work funny.
Also that they seemed to have learned how to speak on radios from 80s movies and using can and string in their pillow forts to practice.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Also that they seemed to have learned how to speak on radios from 80s movies and using can and string in their pillow forts to practice.
Over and out!

• 1Beer
Reactions: Pancake