Coup in the USA?

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So, now that I've heard Comey's rational for not wanting Twitler to be gone after on the federal level, I get it.

Basically, he wants to just shove him into national level Coventry, and let the state of NY [and possibly a few others] to handle it, because not getting to be in the middle of a daily drama for 4-5 years is the worst punishment that you could mete out to him.

Problem is, I feel that the point of federally prosecuting him is to send a message to others.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Had they achieved their objective he would be singing a different tune. But on another level, just how did these people think they were going to keep the power that they desired. Let's say that they had been successful. I'm not even sure what that looks like, given that it likely would have involved murdering people. Let's say instead that they held the representatives hostage and that they capitulated to their demands to refuse to certify the vote. Do they, in their wildest dreams, believe that would have held? Let's also say that Trump declared himself President and signaled an intention to use force to hold it. Who, besides his goons in the DHS would he have had? What does he think the actual military would have done? What does he think 80 million people would have done?

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
Her analysis seems pretty spot-on

ETA

Threads

She is right. It was never about blue lives. It was always about white power. This is also why certain representatives and even some police can still support them even though they put their very lives in danger and murdered others.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Ok what just happened today in Pennsylvania?
Update.

A federal judge has upheld the validity of hundreds of undated mail ballots cast in Allegheny County, ruling in favor of a Democratic candidate for Pennsylvania Senate whose win was previously certified by the state.

GOP leaders in the chamber last week refused to seat the winner, incumbent Jim Brewster, during a chaotic session that also saw the temporary removal of Lt. Gov. John Fetterman as presiding officer.

In response to the ruling, the Senate’s top lawmaker, Jake Corman of Centre County, said Brewster will be sworn in this week.

MOAR...

Routh has a twitter thread on it.

Last edited:

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts
Had they achieved their objective he would be singing a different tune. But on another level, just how did these people think they were going to keep the power that they desired. Let's say that they had been successful. I'm not even sure what that looks like, given that it likely would have involved murdering people.
Jolene, I know it's a rhetorical question but it also assumes that these good ol' boys actually had ANY foresight whatsoever. They had to know, as you and I do as well as any other reasonaly-sane person, that mobbing the capitol building would have let loose a different kind of Kraken, one they couldn't even conceive of much less control.

You can assassinate, overthrow and wave all the guns around that you want but in order for there to be a real revolution you have to (a) understand how governing works; (b) grasp the true menace of what you're attempting to do and (c) count on enough of those in power to stand idly by while you wreck 140 years of democracy. It's a fool's errand.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Oh wait, he did speak in Alamo. Took me a while to find this video of it. Nobody seems to be talking about it anywhere.

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I cannot wait until they identify and find those responsible for dragging that cop out and beating him with the American flag while chanting USA. Felony murder for the lot of them. I'm betting that the identification of those and others who were violent with either the police or the press are high on the agenda for those investigating.

Edit: Motherfuckers
In a separate report, the F.B.I.’s office in Minneapolis issued a bulletin late last month about rallies the so-called boogaloo movement planned to hold across the country on Jan. 17, law enforcement officials said. Members of the movement, an extremist ideology that seeks to bring about a second civil war to overthrow the government, discussed blowing up a building in that state’s capitol and a willingness to die for their cause,

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

IMO, hotels should do this, too.

Due to COVID, the Biden transition team has already explicitly stated that this Inauguration will not really be an in-person public event, with only a select number of invitees attending and no traditional festivities like the parade, or bleachers along the motorcade route. The late security threat only underscores and now certainly enforces that the inauguration will not be open to the public. So there is literally no reason for anyone to be booking non-business travel to Washington during Inauguration Week.

Last edited:

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Also, I hate this. I hate that COVID and Trump's cult have accidentally conspired to close off one of the most momentous inaugurations in recent American history to the public.

In four years, IF Biden wins a second term or is replaced by a different Democrat, I might really like to attend an Inauguration. If it's Biden's, it can serve as a make-up celebration for this year. I really hope that Trump's cult isn't setting a precedent here whereby every future Democratic electee's Inauguration will be essentially under a terrorist siege and the real majority of the American people will never get the opportunity to turn out in force to peacefully support and celebrate their leaders. But, I have to say that I'm not super-confident.

Cindy Claveau

SL Rez
Joined SLU
June 2007
SLU Posts