SL Rez
Last edited:

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon, any/all pronouns
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
We got our second shot of phizer yesterday so almost able to go out. Will still go out less and wear masks but compared to the past year it will be like celebrating that i can go to the store.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
I hate this story.

Since last December, more than 9,000 airline passengers who took a coronavirus rapid test as they flew out of Kualanamu International Airport in Medan, Indonesia, may have been tested by having previously used cotton swabs jammed into their noses.

Medan police arrested four workers and a local manager of the major pharmaceutical company Kimia Farma, which was working in conjunction with the airport to help perform the tests. The Medan-based Kimia Farma employees were allegedly washing and repacking cotton swabs for the tests while pocketing up to 1.8 billion rupiah (~$125,000), local police said.

• 1WTF??
Reactions: Ryanna Enfield

Anya Ristow

I was born a choker
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2007
SLU Posts
I am almost two weeks post second Pfizer shot. It's been decades since my last autism system update, so I'm still exploring my new capabilities.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Govi

Crazy woman yells at clouds
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
The Lab Leak Hypothesis from On the Media (NPR-WNYC).
ALINA CHAN Yes, even labs have no reported biosafety incidents have biosafety incidents. If there are no accidents ever in the lab, that means you're not doing any experiments. And so, in the case of the first SARS virus. It escaped from a lab in Singapore, it escaped from BSL-4 in Taiwan, it escaped about 4 times from a single lab in Beijing when it was being studied back in 2004. And none of these scientists were doing anything crazy with the virus. One of them didn't even work with the virus. Somehow it had contaminated his sample, and he got sick. Another massive misconception is that the Wuhan Institute of Virology wasn't built there because it's a SARS hot zone, that is completely untrue. The strongest route by which the SARS virus could get all the way from its home in South China, more than a thousand miles into Wuhan is, in my opinion, actually dozens of lab personnel crawling into this extremely difficult to reach caves, bringing thousands of that samples back into the crowded city of Wuhan, its a very modern city.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
No, it's not, but so far the vaccines are doing well against them, some even better than expected. Is that guaranteed to last? Hell no, but the researchers and the vaccine makers are working to keep things current. A booster vaccine, for example, would include new variants.
The hard part is getting the vaccines to all the people who need them and getting them to take them.