Coronavirus Updates

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
The media may have given you that impression, but it is not in fact what happened (see daily cases about 2/3 down the page). The rate dipped a little in April, as the places hit early closed down. Those early places were cities with airports and cruise ship terminals. Meanwhile it was spreading to the rest of the state. As the state re-opened in stages on May 8th and June 12th, the cases have accelerated greatly.

Nationally, the 7 day average went down from the early peak of 32,000/day to 22,000, and is now back up to 30,000. That's a result of early places like NY and New Jersey burning out their pool of infectable people, while it was spreading to the less crowded parts of the country. Now that most places have re-opened to some degree, cases are rising fast again. Basically we held the line for two months, but never really got control of it.

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
I saw that, and it makes me so angry. I wish there was a penalty he had to pay for completely undermining the US healthcare system for millions of people!
I saw that as well and have to confess that his current contrition doesn't make much of a dent in my contempt for his past actions.

Kalel

hypnotized
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
i mean..... they could of just closed down the bars...

"Florida officials made the decision to immediately prohibit the consumption of alcohol at bars statewide -- again.
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, which oversees alcohol licenses, made the announcement Friday morning on Twitter. No information was offered on how long the moratorium will be in place."

Tigar

A Most Inappropriate Tigar 🐯
SL Rez
Joined SLU
🌟not on file
SLU Posts

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Also, dear World,

Sovereignty

SL Rez
YouTube as a source of patient information for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): A content-quality and audience engagement analysis

The authors used a tool out of Oxford, UK called DISCERN (see here) to rate the quality of YouTube videos available on March 11, 2020. The ideas behind DISCERN:
The practice of shared decision-making is enabling health professionals and consumers to work together to find the best treatment choice for an individual consumer. A vital part of increased consumer involvement in decisions about treatment is access to good quality information.
Even where there is a clear course of action and your treatment choices are limited, good quality written [or video, I guess] information will help you to understand your treatment and to know what to expect from treatment.
The problem is: how do you judge if you are getting good info? DISCERN is a questionnaire for rating an information source.

Highlights:
  • News media videos on YouTube sucked donkey dicks.
  • Videos by physicians were better but, generally, not great shakes.
  • Some videos scored pretty well.
  • Of the five highest rated videos they found at the time, three were from Seheult. The highest rated video was Seheult's video about HCQ and zinc. LOL
Of course, I learned about this from Seheult's most recent video.

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Oh, great!

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez

Sid

One can't have enough coffee breaks.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
There are several animal viruses that could start a new pandemic when they switch to humans.
That is known for decades.
COULD is the magic word. When 'could start' changes into 'starts', then it becomes a story of interest.
Now it is only an attempt to generate fear and extended research funding.

Last edited:

Maggy Hazelnut

Cat Herder
Joined SLU
March 2009
SLU Posts
Oh, great!

I saw that earlier today & made a note for myself to stock up more toilet paper & other necessities before that hits in addition to everything else. I'm making my Amazon orders ahead of time while they still have stuff!