Coronavirus is increasing Facebook usage, but not to the benefit of Facebook

Free

10K under the hat
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Haha?

Facebook is seeing an extreme spike in usage across the globe due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the company outlined in a blog post on Tuesday. But most usage is concentrated among private messaging and video calling, products the company does not monetize. As a result, the social media giant says it’s business is suffering while it struggles to keep its communication tools online and stable.

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
The very first reason I have found to actually sign up.

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
People using a social media platform to *gasp* communicate rather than spread the FUD of the Day is hurting their bottom line.

Should I point and laugh or facepalm?

I really want to point and laugh...

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I closed my FB account years back but kept messenger. It bugged me that I “had to” still use it because I figured they could still count me in their total users but I never really thought it through that at least they’re not making any $ from me.

Maybe they will start charging a fee.

Clara D.

FOR PRESIDENT 2020!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Back in the day.
SLU Posts
I closed my FB account years back but kept messenger. It bugged me that I “had to” still use it because I figured they could still count me in their total users but I never really thought it through that at least they’re not making any $ from me.

Maybe they will start charging a fee.
Ad overlays on video chat and random "sponsored messages" inserted into messenger.

"Hi, mom, how are you and dad getting on? SPONSORED BY CAPTAIN WOBBLIES ANIMAL VITAMINS"

Isabeau

Merdeuse
Ad overlays on video chat and random "sponsored messages" inserted into messenger.

"Hi, mom, how are you and dad getting on? SPONSORED BY CAPTAIN WOBBLIES ANIMAL VITAMINS"

“Hey, I was wondering if you’d like to go out for a movie and, um, idk... dinner!”

“Oh! *all shy* Yes, I’d like that. How about we...”

“TROJAN CONDOMS! NOW IN LIME COCONUT AND PUMPKIN SPICE!!!

Sid

One can't have enough coffee breaks.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yes
Whot? No ananas flavor?

• 2LOL
Reactions: Govi and Isabeau

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts
People using a social media platform to *gasp* communicate rather than spread the FUD of the Day is hurting their bottom line.

Should I point and laugh or facepalm?

I really want to point and laugh...
If you decide to facepalm, please don't forget first to wash your hands in hot, soapy water for at least 20 seconds while singing Happy Birthday twice.