Confusingly Similar Company Name

Dakota Tebaldi

VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts
Samsara, coincidentally (or not?) is the Sanskrit name for the continuous and unending cycle of life, death, and rebirth that all beings in the world experience, as posited by Indian religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism. In Buddhism, the end goal of choosing a monastic life is to achieve nibbana (or nirvana), which is freedom or escape from samsara.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
Sansara is a genus of moths in the family Cossidae. There don't seem to be any pictures available, just a drawing of their sex organs.

Myficals

Nein!
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Feb 2010
SLU Posts
Samsara, coincidentally (or not?)
It's not a coincidence. Agni and Aditi, the names of the main and beta grids, are Sandscrit words too. If I were to bet a shiny dollar, the reason we have the continent of Sansara (and hence Sansar), if that someone in the early days, made a spelling mistake.

Free

Kamilah is stalking me
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
May 2009
SLU Posts
Samsara, coincidentally (or not?) is the Sanskrit name for
Sam Sarah is a guy I worked with when I was employed in a bookstore many years ago. Nice guy, but a bit wishy washy. True story.

Sansarya

Just Sans
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Sansar took my avatar name away because it has the word "Sansar" in it. I've had this avatar name since 2000, before Second Life even existed. :(

It happened while I was in the middle of moving, so I didn't see the email till today, when they've changed my name to "Arya-San".

Harley - Sansar (Sansar)
Sep 19, 2:17 PM EDT
Hello Sansarya,

We are reaching out to you today regarding your Sansar Avatar Name and Handle. We noticed that your name and handle (currently both Sansarya) contain “Sansar,” which is part of the naming convention that Linden Lab uses for its employees.

In the interest of protecting our community, anything that might be construed as impersonation of a Linden is against our Community Standards. We are going to need to change your Avatar Name and Handle, to avoid any misunderstandings.

If there is a particular name and handle that you would prefer, please let us know by no later than 6am PDT on Monday, September 23rd and we will do our best to accommodate your request. If not, new ones will be assigned to your Sansar account on Monday.

Please get in touch if you have any questions or concerns in the meantime!

Thanks and Best Regards,

The Linden Lab Team
/QUOTE]