VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
Joined SLU
02-22-2008
SLU Posts

Archer

Who knew?
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I have to say, NASCAR's reaction to all this has been surprising. I figured they would go down kicking and screaming about traditions and stuff. I'm impressed so far.

• 2Agree
Reactions: Aribeth Zelin and Free

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez
I have to say, NASCAR's reaction to all this has been surprising. I figured they would go down kicking and screaming about traditions and stuff. I'm impressed so far.
It surprised everyone, I think. Maybe they wanted to shed that image. Judging from the support for Bubba Wallace, maybe enough of them were heartily sick of it.
I think it paid off for them. Sure, a few MAGAts flounced, but from what I've seen they picked up some new fans.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
It surprised everyone, I think. Maybe they wanted to shed that image. Judging from the support for Bubba Wallace, maybe enough of them were heartily sick of it.
I think it paid off for them. Sure, a few MAGAts flounced, but from what I've seen they picked up some new fans.
It gets better, apparently there was an attempt 5 years ago, at the top, to ban it then. It just didn't go anywhere..... so, its not like they suddenly hopped on the bandwagon.

• 1Like
Reactions: Romana

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
You seriously think you are educating anyone in this forum with your little history lessons?

You are like Trump saying “Not many know ______” when he means he just found out something that is common knowledge.
Is that what it is arguing about now? Party names mean next to nothing over many decades. Descendants of people in, oh, the Wigs are in another party now. Why are they there rather than reconstituting the Wigs? Or the Republicans were formed by someone who fought the confederacy ... why do they wave the Virginia battle flag everywhere?

I guess he does not realize that a lot of people here know more about history than the average.

Kara Spengler

Queer OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon
SL Rez
Joined SLU
December, 2008
SLU Posts
Yeah, I might actually watch it once in awhile rather than occasionally tuning in to rally and f1 races to see how the announcers can manage to mangle a Finnish name with a pretty easy pronunciation.

Bubba Balbozar

SL Rez
It's noble of everyone to march around the track with Bubba because they thought someone put a noose in his garage. The problem is that it was a garage pull handle and totally innocent according to the FBI investigation. People don't put up nooses and hang racial effigies anymore, I bet there hasn't been an instance of this in 50 years in the US. The victims of racism and bigotry on the this level are now whites, Christians and Americans in general if you aren't a democrat, having our statues and sacred grounds desecrated.

Jopsy Pendragon

That's it. F*CK 2020 with a rusty screwdriver.
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
"It wasn't about slavery! It was about state's rights! Like the right to secede from the union, because of Slavery! Duh-doy!!"

Kamilah Hauptmann

A bit of a wanker
SL Rez
Is it only me, or is Bubba just Nostrildamus' new account? It's the same bullshit just under a new name.
That’s unpossible because Bubba is brave and strong he said so himself and no brave and strong person would do something cowardly like hide his identity like that or disrespect private property because that would be unAmerican and I remember now I’m talking to a German so I better tag my post as sarcasm just in case. 🤪