Cher ~ Dancing Queen

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
When I first heard that Cher was doing an ABBA cover album, I thought that was way too much schmaltz for one album. However, after listening to it, I was wrong. It is schmaltz and charming nostalgia in perfect balance. I actually found myself singing along with it as it was the Spotify soundtrack to a session of playing Forza Horizon 4. I especially love her versions of One Of Us and The Winner Takes It All.

Review: Cher Lovingly Updates ABBA’s Hits on ‘Dancing Queen’ – Rolling Stone

Last edited:

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
She is coming to town in May. I'm going to try and save some with all of the other stuff going on to see her. I never have and I'm guessing she isn't going to keep performing forever. I regret not ever seeing Tina Turner and don't want to make that mistake again. From what I've seen on video, she puts on one hell of a show.

Cristiano

Cosmos Betraying Fiend
Admin
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Nov 2003
SLU Posts
Sorry, but not even in the same league. (n)(n)
It is obviously not going to be as good as the original, but it has its own charm. It's motherfucking Cher.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
A star with the creativity like Cher always had, should not need this kind of crab to stay in the picture.

Ghost Pepper

Gaming Guru
SL Rez
SLU Posts
I never liked Cher but do like ABBA.

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
So, as someone who prides herself on knowledge of originals, even when the covers are better known....

I appreciate covers. They show a love for other musicians. Bowie did an album of covers, so did Vanilla fudge [all Zeppelin covers, in fact].

And both Cher and ABBA are freaking cool.

[I do tend to prefer originals 99% of the time, even when I appreciate covers]

Also, that explains why she's coming here next year.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
Thanks to Free for unearthing this thread, I had missed it the first time around.

I love Cher, and I love ABBA. And I have to say, after listening to these songs, I really like Cher's cover of ABBA. Dancing Queen, the song, is one of my overall favorites, and she does it well.

I also have Sixpence None the Richer's cover of Dancing Queen in my MP3 collection. I highly recommend looking it up and giving it a listen.

• 1Interesting
Reactions: Isabeau

Khamon

Folk Harpist
SL Rez
Joined SLU
We had Cher tickets that were canceled due to Covid. Now I'll have to freeze myself to see her head perform in a jar a thousand years from now. oh my yes

• 1ROFL
Reactions: Isabeau