Cats are jerks

Rose Karuna

Always cooking something up
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Yeah, I love cats, but I think they're assigning motives that it probably did not have. That reaction seemed more like "Oooo, I can play with it now!"
On this one I think the cat really is trying to keep the baby from going over the threshold. You can see the cat gets very aggressive pushing the baby back away from the stairs. It's very possible that this cat sees the baby as just another kitten to be protected.

Sid

Time for another coffee.
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I think the cat was guarding already. Did you notice that it stayed until the kid moved away again and then starting playing?
I guess it was her mother instinct that kicked in.
I'm more surprised obviously a human is filming it all without interfering. There is camera movement.

Eunoli

SLU Cassandra
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
I think the cat was guarding already. Did you notice that it stayed until the kid moved away again and then starting playing?
I guess it was her mother instinct that kicked in.
I'm more surprised obviously a human is filming it all without interfering. There is camera movement.
Cats do take on babies of other species as their own responsibility. When I had two baby cockatiels, my cat at the time would sit and stare at the cage. I thought she was just waiting for her chance. One day, I was in the other room and they got out of the cage. I walked in to find her sitting guard over them - and she immediately turned her head toward me and I swear she started yelling at me until I came and picked them up and put them back where they belonged.

Isabeau

Merdeuse
I agree that it looks like that, especially since it continued to ''play attack" later on but still, it placed itself in front of the stairs in a stange way... either way, lucky break. Even when they're being jerks they're lovable. 🐱

• 1Like
Reactions: Brenda Archer

Beebo Brink

Climate Apocalypse Alarmist
SL Rez
Yeah, I love cats, but I think they're assigning motives that it probably did not have. That reaction seemed more like "Oooo, I can play with it now!"
The cat keeps jumping on the baby, even after it's far away from the stairs. The rescue was probably random, but hey, what a good thing anyway, right?

Ann Launay

Crumpet Khaleesi
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Aug 2007
SLU Posts
I have a Yeah Normal, who would like to be a Yeah Chonk if I let her, and a Yeah Normal who borders on Goblin Normal.