Cats are jerks

Aribeth Zelin

Faeryfox
SL Rez
Joined SLU
03-11-2011
SLU Posts
I don't have a picture of the little asshole, but one of my two youngest cats had blood on this lip last night and this morning so we took him to the vet.

Little asshole somehow managed to go straight to level 3 tooth issues, and has possible oral surgery friday.

ETA: This is my cat who will not eat soft food, meat, or really anything other than crunchy kibbles, treats and maybe a tiny bit of cream and butter or cheese - but only sometimes, and never if there is a pill in it. We get to try and give him liquid pain killers..... he's super sweet, but he is a super drama queen/wiggle worm.

SL Rez
SLU Posts
That poor cat.

Ours regularly does a vertical 6 foot jump to the bathroom window without even disturbing the bathmat.
Ours does a four or five foot jump to a basket he likes. He's always so careful jumping anywhere though. Eyeing it out, a back and forth wriggle of his butt, then hop.

Archer

Who knew?
SL Rez
Joined SLU
That is my cat completely, except mine would never make that high of a jump. There needs to be another halfway stop in there.

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
That is my cat completely, except mine would never make that high of a jump. There needs to be another halfway stop in there.
Mine's the same way. She's afraid of heights. Poor thing was abused and spent two years hiding under beds before I got her so she never got to be a real cat. She's getting better though, maybe I should give her pep talks like that!

Rose Karuna

Old and Cranky Xherdan
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
I used to have a cat that cheated on me all the time, every morning at 5:30 AM, the little bugger would start pounding on me to get up and let him out of the house. He would then make the neighborhood "rounds" where he spent the entire day with various different neighbors cuddling and eating. I had no idea he was doing this until after he passed away and I got several letters from neighbors asking about him. Picasso was the most unique and smartest cat I've ever known.

Anyhow, this is a cool article: Was I wrong to fall for a cheating cat?

Is your cat cheating on you?

Soen Eber

Vatican mole
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
I used to have a cat that cheated on me all the time, every morning at 5:30 AM, the little bugger would start pounding on me to get up and let him out of the house. He would then make the neighborhood "rounds" where he spent the entire day with various different neighbors cuddling and eating. I had no idea he was doing this until after he passed away and I got several letters from neighbors asking about him. Picasso was the most unique and smartest cat I've ever known.

Anyhow, this is a cool article: Was I wrong to fall for a cheating cat?

Is your cat cheating on you?
One of the nice takeaways is that you can get a paper collar to put on what you suspect to be a stray cat. If they actually do have a home their owner can get in touch with you. That way you both will have certainty of what is going on instead of causing the owners emotional distress if you "adopt" them.

There is another takeaway about not feeding strays, but its complicated and with no easy answers if you're not sure if it really is - you really need to read the article.