#BYEDON 2020 - The End Better Fucking Be Near

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romana

The Timeless Child
SL Rez

Arkady Arkright

I see at the bottom of the page it says Powered by Nucleus. This is something made by a startup run by Brad Parscale. That name rang a bell. Wikipedia says:
On September 27, 2020, Parscale was hospitalized after his wife told Fort Lauderdale police that he had guns and he was threatening to harm himself; upon arriving at Parscale's home, an officer reported that "Bradley’s speech was slurred as though he was under the influence of an alcoholic beverage and he seemed to be crying." Officers seized 10 firearms from the home and reported that Parscale's wife had cuts and bruises on her arms and face, which she said Parscale had inflicted earlier in the week, though she later said that her statements had been "misconstrued" and denied that Parscale had been violent toward her. Parscale was detained and involuntarily committed and psychiatrically examined under terms of the Baker Act
I suspect the above quote would have been very different had Mr Parscale not been white...

Jolene Benoir

Hello World
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
Dec 2010
I see at the bottom of the page it says Powered by Nucleus. This is something made by a startup run by Brad Parscale. That name rang a bell. Wikipedia says:
I vaguely remember that being discussed here. IIRC it wasn't long after he left voluntarily or was removed by Trump after the Tulsa, OK debacle of claiming the stadium would be overflowing with people and the resultant embarrassment when that did not happen.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Two U.S. Capitol Police officers have sued Donald Trump, blaming him for “physical and emotional injuries” they suffered due to the Jan. 6 invasion of the Capitol by a mob of the former president’s supporters.

The lawsuit filed Tuesday said Trump “inflamed, encouraged, incited, directed, and aided and abetted” the rioters who broke into the building, forcing a joint session of Congress into hiding and resulting in five deaths.

The complaint from officers Sidney Hemby and James Blassingame, who have respectively been on the force for 11 and 17 years, said Trump’s conduct “resulted in injuries to United States Capitol Police officers and Metropolitan Police Department officers,” including themselves.

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez
Joined SLU
SLU Posts
Surprised?

A top adviser to former President Donald Trump pressured agency officials to reward politically connected or otherwise untested companies with hundreds of millions of dollars in contracts as part of a chaotic response to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the early findings of an inquiry led by House Democrats.

Peter Navarro, who served as Trump’s deputy assistant and trade adviser, essentially verbally awarded a $96 million deal for respirators to a company with White House connections. Later, officials at the Federal Emergency Management Agency were pressured to sign the contract after the fact, according to correspondence obtained by congressional investigators.

Documents obtained by the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis after a year of resistance from the Trump administration offer new details about Navarro’s role in a largely secretive buying spree of personal protective equipment and medical supplies.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
I politely disagree. Many of his followers want to be the ones exploiting everyone else, just like whazisname. They look for both validation and pro tips.
I think both you and Jolene are correct. It's a mix of All Of The Above.

danielravennest

SLU Posts
Do you suppose it's inhaling too much of whatever chemicals go into making those pillows that makes him nuttier than squirrel shit?
The pillows are simply shredded foam rubber, the same kind of rubber commonly used in seat cushions and as the top layer for mattresses. I have some throw pillows made that way (shredded foam), and they probably would be fine to sleep on. His product is 0% technology and 100% huckster, much like his idol.

Innula Zenovka

Nasty Brit
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SLU Posts

Evernote link because paywall

Harry Brignull, a user-experience designer in London who coined the term “dark patterns” for manipulative digital marketing practices, said the Trump team’s techniques were a classic of the “deceptive design” genre.

“It should be in textbooks of what you shouldn’t do,” he said.

Katheryne Helendale

🐱 Kitty Queen 🐱
SL Rez
Joined SLU
October 2009
SLU Posts
  • 1Agree
Reactions: Govi

Free

sapiens gratis
VVO Supporter 🍦🎈👾❤
SL Rez